Started on: 07-20-2013 08:53 PM
Replies: 1 (350 views)
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 07-20-2013 09:10 PM
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I flush the hoses coming off the compressor with the muffler on it? It's removed from the car. I have compressed air.

Can I flush the condenser and evaporator?

Can I use denatured alcohol or mineral spirits (says to use mineral spirits here: http://www.autoacforum.com/...tid=20&threadid=9172 )?

Any other tips I should know? Compressor grenaded, orifice tube was clogged with tons of crap.

I have a new (not reman) compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This video explains the flushing process very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnu8hA9F9S4

Use real AC flush, FJC makes a good one called Kwik Klean. I did the entire system with a quart, and a flush gun. The undercar lines are almost impossible to flush unless you take them off the car. The condenser is parallel flow, so it can't be flushed. I wouldn't flush the hose with the muffler on it, do so at your own risk. The muffler is empty, but crap could still get stuck in there. Removing the spare tire tub is a must, just for much easier access and getting to the fitting above the steering column shaft.

That whole DVD is the best thing Autozone ever sold, and it looks like most of it is on youtube now.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock