Sagging Instrument housing. quick fix? by dematrix86gt
Started on: 07-19-2013 02:06 AM
Replies: 2 (166 views)
Last post by: dematrix86gt on 07-20-2013 01:27 AM
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 86 gt has a sagging Instrument Housing. the top is leaning somewhat toward the column. Havent gotten around to checking it out yet .
Anyone had to deal with this prob yet? any quick fixes? shims?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The top rear service panel for the cluster is held in place with five torx bolts. If you remove it, you can access the cluster hold down bracket. It's removing those two bolts (I **think** they may be 13mm but it's been well over a year now since I've had one apart), a few bolts underneath the cluster, and disconnecting all the electricals.

When removed you can simply remove the hold down bracket and bend it back into place. You can try doing it with the cluster on the car, but I personally would not recommend it.

This all shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to do.
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2013 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found the prob. the 2 lower 10 mm bolts securing the lower down by the column were in but not tightened up. Hate when Ppl half ass things. Thanks for the info.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock