Wondering about a couple things. by EvilSqueezles
Started on: 07-17-2013 07:31 PM
Replies: 4 (113 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 07-17-2013 11:16 PM
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I removed the rod knocking 2.8 from my restore project and put another 2.8 lower mileage motor in while I build my 3800 platform on a separate cradle. Now, there are some differences, or some things that were just missing from the removed motor. There is a line to hook up on the firewall side of the upper intake plenum, maybe 3/8" or so? Anyways the other motor didn't have anything going to it. I found a line going to the firewall that I'm not sure of its place.. It seems too big to plug into the plenum but I don't really see where else it could go. Also, the water pump on the old motor had a plug in the top of it, while the new motor has another line screwed into that tap. What was the difference there? These are the only things I have left to address before I slap brakes, suspension and all new fluids in it to be road ready so I'm trying to figure them out ASAP. All I have is my phone ATM, if someone would be willing to post them for me I could text/email some pics. But other than that does anyone have pics of these areas? Thanks

~James
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The water pump difference is a difference in how the water is fed to the heater, you need to use the method that the car body uses. Vacuum line may be for the power breaks? Larry
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok cool. Before I put the cradle back under the car I switched it back to the plugged pump tap like it was. I only see one port on the firewall side of the UIP, just not sure what is supposed to connect to it. The hose comig from the firewall is just right of center about halfway down and looks like maybe. 5/8" or so line, maybe bigger. But slides over the UIP port very loose. Is the only place that makes sense looking at it, but not a good fit.

~James
EvilSqueezles

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EvilSqueezles

397 posts
Member since Apr 2007

Not through PIP, but I'm only on my phone at the moment, sorry.

~James
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a metal line off the big nipple on the passenger end of the upper intake that comes out between the 2 and 4 intake runner and connects to that rubber line. It's the power brake vacuum.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock