Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  I'm more confused than a squirrel in the middle of an 8 lane highway..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'm more confused than a squirrel in the middle of an 8 lane highway.. by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 07-17-2013 01:06 AM
Replies: 9 (625 views)
Last post by: xquaid on 09-27-2013 03:24 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever try to buy and install an EGR valve for the 2.8? What's with all the sets of numbers you're supposed to cross-reference? (That is supposed to be on top of your original EGR) The EGR on my 86 GT is not original and has no number on top. So, I simply picked the more commonly ordered one and ordered it through Rock Auto. The AC Delco p/n is 214-1415. Is this the correct one?

My second question is that inside the box there is a whole bag of numbered "orifice holed" washers. You're supposed to pick the correct one based on the supposed number on top of your EGR valve and then "peen" it to the small hole in the bottom of the EGR valve.
Can someone help? What EGR and orifice washer did you use on your 2.8?

Note: If it matters my engine is actually an 88 cause the water pump bolts are Allen head. Oh, and I also just installed a Calif "OE" certified cat.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything you need to know: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum9/HTML/000033.html
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!!! Just what I needed...
Since I have no reference number nor my old EGR valve, I should use the #11 washer??
Thanks, Kit
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just in case different manufacturers use different numbering systems, it would be best to measure your #11 washer and make sure it's about the same size as mine was.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd give you a + for the write-up, but it was already there. I had done my EGR valve decades ago using an after market one until I replaced it with an AC Delco one. I still have the after market one some where in my parts shed.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The title sounds like you have been watching too much Lizard Lick Towing.....Just Saying.
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some bad news....
I installed the EGR valve. At the end of your thread you mentioned about turning the diaphragm clockwise to align the hose end. You said yours was just doable cause it was tight. Well, mine is quite loose, turns pretty easy and in fact is kind of wobbly !
I didn't know all this until after I installed it. Shouldn't the top be pretty tight? Looks like I will have to return it back to Rockauto unless I can find a way to tighten it.

In the meantime I checked Autozone and they have the Duralast (EGR106) which is supposed to be made by Wells.
Your thoughts?
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great question and write up posts!

Any idea what size washer works on the 2.5 4 cylinder Iron Duke? (1988 2m4)

I purchased an Autozone DURALAST Egr valve and have the same washer set. One problem: The metal-stamped code on the old Egr valve ( CFJ 17084743 ) is not listed on the new valve list: Meaning I have no idea what size washer to use ....

Any help?

------------------
Fitness Entrepreneur
Founder - www.fitnesspatterns.com +
www.gymgym.us

jhgraham

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
86 SE-2.8 EGR

OEM-17385897
xquaid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jhgraham:

86 SE-2.8 EGR

OEM-17385897

Thank you Will give it a shot today!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay