fuel tank clean and seal? by mark1970
Started on: 07-15-2013 08:58 PM
Replies: 4 (271 views)
Last post by: trotterlg on 07-16-2013 12:21 AM
mark1970

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mark1970Send a Private Message to mark1970Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am getting ready to drop the tank to replace the pump and would like to clean and seal to prevent rust.... what have you all used to do this? at this time the 80 dollar kit is not an option due to time and cash at hand so... what else can be used? I know the kits use muriatic acid to clean out the rust leaving clean metal.... but what can be used to seal it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is an aircraft tank sealant that is not expensive and is obvioulsly very safe to use. It seals up pin holes but more important it just seals in all the rust flakes and particales. If I can find a link to it I will post a link. I have used it many times, mostly just to get rid of all the rust junk. Larry
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trotterlg

1378 posts
Member since Aug 2011
That was easy: Tank seal your choice
mark1970

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mark1970Send a Private Message to mark1970Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trotterlg:

There is an aircraft tank sealant that is not expensive and is obvioulsly very safe to use. It seals up pin holes but more important it just seals in all the rust flakes and particales. If I can find a link to it I will post a link. I have used it many times, mostly just to get rid of all the rust junk. Larry

Sounds like an idea, which one is a liquid so it can be poured in and rooled around to seal and pour out?
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a single part one like I have used: sealer

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock