Cutting Rear springs to lower by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 07-15-2013 03:10 PM
Replies: 4 (840 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 07-16-2013 03:18 PM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it bad to cut the rear springs down i dont want the car to end up like all the ricer's with the ridic camber. I've already installed eibach 1 inch lowering springs in the front so i just wanna drop the rear down the make it level out this a 84-87 fiero gt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

Is it bad to cut the rear springs down... ?

What's your definition of "bad"?

I did it to my '84 that I use for autocrossing. It did the job. The car is lower, it handles fine.

However, when the rear springs are cut, the top of the springs no longer sit in their "hat" properly. The passenger side rear spring of my '84 occasionally makes wierd noises since being cut that I don't like. I'd either buy rear lowering springs or install coil-overs next time.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The most expert guy I know told me that you cut 1/2 a coil in the back and it works fine with one full coil cut in the front

Arn
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cut 1 coil both front & rear and sat perfect. about an inch lower all around.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shouldn't be a surprise, but it's important to note that there are different springs used in Fieros from '84-'88 (including different springs within the same year).

I cut two coils off front and back of my '84 and it sits just right.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock