running headlights without taillights? by AL87
Started on: 07-14-2013 10:31 AM
Replies: 10 (1741 views)
Last post by: IROCTAFIERO on 07-17-2013 07:18 AM
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if theres a way if someone could run their fiero with their headlights on, without any rear taillights, running lights, or brake lights coming on, without having them put on a toggle.

I had the random thought, that maybe theres a fuse that runs the rear lights.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Expecting to be chased by Police some night?
Check the wiring diagrams for your car (this is the 86)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-14-2013).]

cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup pretty much pulling the tail fuse should do the trick. As for turn signals you would also have to pull the turn/bu fuse and the brake/hazard fuse for brakes.
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you guys just made this soo easy... LOL

And yeah, this is "running from the police" inspired.

But seriously... who the heck is going to have time to reach down there and pull the fuses during a heated chase?

Also... does pulling the fuses take kill the "PON-TIAC" accent lighting on GTs?
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems that the PONTIAC emblem is fed through the fan fuse (at least in the '86 manual). So when you pull that fuse make sure you're not overheating when running from the cops.

You could wire in a multi pole single throw switch (depending on how many fuse connections you want to break) in the fusebox so with one flick all the lights would go out.

If you don't want to mess with the fan you could rewire the PONTIAC lights to run say from the tail fuse (if it can handle the current).

[This message has been edited by cebix (edited 07-14-2013).]

AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well. okay, soo the best way to go without modding would be to simply remove the 4 bulbs that light the Pontiac accent.

I'll keep things in mind in case I decide to put some toggles in.

thanks everybody!
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not worth doing, can't get enough moonshine in a FIERO to justify the cost of the toggle switch required to bypass the rear lights
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol, I wasn't thinking of packing moonshine, maybe some oil in the trunk, so when I flip a switch it dumps!
84fierored

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fieroredClick Here to visit 84fierored's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84fieroredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pull the fuse i actually had this as an issue. all lights will be off except your dash and headlights themselves. if you use the breaks however or turn signals they will light.
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierored:

pull the fuse i actually had this as an issue. all lights will be off except your dash and headlights themselves. if you use the breaks however or turn signals they will light.

if you read up above, someone also posted to pull a second fuse, and I have done that, and it works like a charm.
I removed the "pon-tiac" accent lights because they are run off a different circuit, but that is an easy mod, if I wanted to mod.
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 CUCV Blazer has a blackout light setup. It let's you kill the service lights. Too bad it isn't outrunning anything.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock