2.5L not getting fuel by johnnyray401
Started on: 07-11-2013 09:50 PM
Replies: 5 (105 views)
Last post by: johnnyray401 on 07-12-2013 11:55 AM
johnnyray401

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My '88 2.5 won't start as it isn't getting fuel. PO said he replaced the fuel pump and i don't remember what else, ran it a little bit, then let it sit for a while. I have replaced the fuel pump relay and oil pressure switch. The fuses are good. Tomorrow i'm thinking of dropping the tank and looking at the wires there. I'm running out of ideas! And yes, It fires and runs when i pour gasoline or starter fluid in it, so it's getting spark.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you put power directly to the pump does it run? Don't drop the tank until you check. Larry
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you hear any sound from the fuel pump when you turn the key to the on position?
johnnyray401

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msrservices:

Do you hear any sound from the fuel pump when you turn the key to the on position?

Oh yeah, thats the one thing i forgot to mention. No i don't.
johnnyray401

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnnyray401

40 posts
Member since Jul 2013
Instead of hooking up power to the wires going to the pump, i figured i should check them and see what they are putting out. At the connector in the engine compartment, there is a black, pink, and tan/whitestripe wire. I thought that pink was for the gas guage, and tan/whitestripe was keyed on. When off, nothing shows any voltage. When on, pink has 8 volts, and tan/whitestripe still has none.

[This message has been edited by johnnyray401 (edited 07-12-2013).]

johnnyray401

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnnyray401Send a Private Message to johnnyray401Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

johnnyray401

40 posts
Member since Jul 2013
fixed it! Somebody had done some bad wiring on the fuel pump relay ground.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock