oil filter by billie
Started on: 07-11-2013 01:46 PM
Replies: 16 (669 views)
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 07-16-2013 05:14 PM
billie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billieSend a Private Message to billieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are AC DELCO Professional oil filters what they use to be......and what brand are you using......
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use WIX.
billie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billieSend a Private Message to billieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thinking of using wix....are you using the regular filter or the xp one....
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Wix 51036 is the one to get. The xp version is not necessary.
ricksmastermix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricksmastermixClick Here to visit ricksmastermix's HomePageSend a Private Message to ricksmastermixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use the K & N service professional series from AutoZone for $5.99. The only downside is they have to be ordered ahead of time. I always order 3 or 4 at a time.
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purolater is one of the best off the shelf filters, and cheaper than Wix, Mobil One, K&N ect.

[This message has been edited by BlackEmrald (edited 07-11-2013).]

n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Purolator Pure One filters on everything that I can find the filter for. One of the best filters on the market.
armos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From stuff I've read, the AC Delco filters are mediocre nowadays. I used to use them but don't anymore.

The filters I've used in recent years and would easily buy again were Wix 51036, NAPA Gold 1036 (same as the Wix, just rebranded), and PureOne PL24011.

I had bad luck with a Mobil-1 M1-201. The anti-drainback valve was apparently leaking, it wouldn't get oil pressure until at least 2 seconds after starting the car. I wasn't happy with that. I replaced it with a regular cheap Purolator filter and it got pressure faster, in about 1 second.
But the PureOne I'm using now gets pressure near instantly. So at least for this filter I'm sure it has a good ADBV.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody using Bosch?
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevin87FieroGT:

Anybody using Bosch?

As a lube tech, I have put lots of Bosch on cars. They are a good filter, well made. But, I don't think they are worth the $12+ for them. The $4 Purolater is just nearly as good, if not on par with the Bosch.
Kevin87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bosch. Last paid $7, included shipping. Bought four and they seem to work well.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by armos:

From stuff I've read, the AC Delco filters are mediocre nowadays. I used to use them but don't anymore.

The filters I've used in recent years and would easily buy again were Wix 51036, NAPA Gold 1036 (same as the Wix, just rebranded), and PureOne PL24011.

Same here.

About WIX, ask your parts store when WIX has their yearly sale, WIX had about 2 months a year where they are almost half price, I buy a box of them at that time.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't go wrong with Purolator PureOne or Wix/Napa Gold. Either will work well and filter your oil reliably. I use Purolator PureOne and run some of my non-Fiero cars to the factory recommended 7500 miles.
a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the Fram filters, good quality, as well as a non-slip coating on the end of the filter (whichs makes getting them off much easier!). I use the part number PH3980 (which is the larger capacity size), or you can also go with Fram's "Tough Guard" heavy duty filter, part number TG3980.
BlackEmrald

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a_bartle:

I really like the Fram filters, good quality, as well as a non-slip coating on the end of the filter (whichs makes getting them off much easier!). I use the part number PH3980 (which is the larger capacity size), or you can also go with Fram's "Tough Guard" heavy duty filter, part number TG3980.

Unfortunatley, Fram is one of the worst brands on the market. Their filters you cardboard end caps that fall apart over time, also I don't think they have an ADBV. The Fram Ultra is a different story.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always use Napa Gold (rebranded Wix), very impressed with their build quality and not expensive. Between $4-6 usually depending on the application.

Also nice that they are manufactured just down the street in Gastonia, NC.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like Wix also. Local stores get $6.50 + Tax for them.
I ordered 6 51036 and 6 51515 off the web for $4.10 ea shipped to my door.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 07-16-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock