a couple automatic questions/concerns by spcearle
Started on: 07-11-2013 11:13 AM
Replies: 1 (88 views)
Last post by: spcearle on 07-12-2013 01:17 AM
spcearle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok an 87 gt i just purchased was shifting fine then all of the sudden it started acting wierd with a delayed shift into 3rd then after 2nd it wouldnt slip....i replaced the tv cable with a rodney one and adjusted at the trottle body....replaced the filter and fluid and all started to go to **** .....the more i kept driving it ,it actually got better and now it shifts like it should again in the most part and i have all 3 gears...heres all my questions...first off the first 1000 or so rpms in 1st the car is a dog and then kicks in fine....the shifter sometimes i have to wiggle around to get it to engage gears...the peddle only opens the throttle id say 75%at best so i know you shouldnt but should i be adjusting at the peddle instead of the throttle....how or what is the proper way to adjust the shift cable on an auto.....it could just be a coincident with the 1st gear down power since i did pull my distributor and replaced the oring and put in a fiero store icm and didnt do timing after but got it put back in at what i am at least 98% certain was the same spot it was in so is it possible that off timing could be causing it........also 1 more thing is there any good solvents or anything i can run in this trans to clean it out b4 i do another filter change dont want to pay over a hundred for a flush on a tranny that could be toast anyways when that can go into a overdrive i plan on putting in after i get back from some army training i have to go do
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
spcearle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well after fideling a little with the car what im thinking is i lost 1st gear...i think the delay is it waiting to come up into second...if i shhift into eah gear but bring it down into first i have nothing but in second and drive it will move
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock