Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  a 1986 black notch back back from the grave. (build thread)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
a 1986 black notch back back from the grave. (build thread) by blacknotchback86
Started on: 07-11-2013 03:16 AM
Replies: 4 (182 views)
Last post by: blacknotchback86 on 07-13-2013 04:35 PM
blacknotchback86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i am working to get it back on the road cause i save it from the grave.(my brother is not mechanically inclined if you will) i got the car for free so thought i would have some fun with it. it is not the only car i got either. any ways here is what i have so far stripped and re painted the valve covers and the intake and bought a dog bone to match starting to reassemble at this point. the car is a 1986 black se notch back special with a 2.8L v6 any ways will get more shot tomorrow wile working on it. any ways here is were i am at so far pic's from the shop. any ways hope you all enjoy the build.

[img][/img
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some more pic got the fiero back together. now i got to time the engine i got to jcak it up first and remove all the leaves under it dont want a fire you know.. before i try to start it.

here is a pic of the car it self it has been sitting since 2006 when my brother took the engine apart hopefully i got it right and firing on all cylinders.. no biggie i plan to get it painted and new rims once it all done it going to be 100 times better then these pic's

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like to me the dipstick tube is on the wrong side, but I guess if its bolted in it should work, if it not bolted down, you prolly gonna have a leak. Have fun with your build.

Hywel
blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hiwil88formula:

looks like to me the dipstick tube is on the wrong side, but I guess if its bolted in it should work, if it not bolted down, you prolly gonna have a leak. Have fun with your build.

Hywel

ya like i said my brother did some crazy stuff when he rebuild this car he never mounted the dipstick right he just zip tied it to a hole in the back. so i figure if i am going to keep it i am going to get the sprint headers from "the fiero store.com" i got a huge list of stuff i got to do like interior ,exterior, paint, and wheels i even got a set of scat pro car seats, black and red that i want to fit in there if they fit? any ways the list goes on and one but i will get there hopefully. i got to start and time it in tomorrow. any ways thanks for the reply.

blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is a up date:

got it started and running just got to get out the timing light and time it ... wile resetting the timing i noticed the turn signal was not shutting off so i order a bunch of stuff a new puralator air filter, a turn signal switch, a tps ,and a dip stick gasket just encase. all i care is it run's has a tad bit of lag on it thought when you hit the gas so i am thinking the tps will see. the car seems to idle better and quieter now since there is no intermediate gasket leak at the bottom of the intermediate intake manifold. was sucking tons of air, i will run it in a few day to see how it goes sore as can be so i will wait a few day to get sore again lol's... am thinking of throwing on a steering wheel quick release but i am wonder if there is any thing illegal about them. cause they say off road use only??will see?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock