Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  were to get a quick release steering wheel?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
were to get a quick release steering wheel? by blacknotchback86
Started on: 07-11-2013 02:33 AM
Replies: 5 (557 views)
Last post by: blacknotchback86 on 07-12-2013 01:55 AM
blacknotchback86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i am in the market for a race style quick release steering wheel like they use on race cars etc.. any one know were to find one for a 1986 notch back special with a 2.8 v6 if it matters it a little tight for me when i go to get out of the car i got to get on my hands and knees to get out lol's right now. i am in the middle of fixing my brothers mess ups like leaking intake gaskets and fuel injectors running rich and not timed right. so i am bringing the car back from the grave. any ways i am 6 foot 4 inch tall and weight more then i should lol's and it is a pain in the but getting out . and am thinking the quick release steering wheel will help. any suggestions on a quick release?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the adapter hub is what makes it quick release, Check for NRG I believe I read here on forum use one for a dodge to fit.

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks!
fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just the quick check - you are using the big guy's entry/exit, right? Back up to the door, sit down sideways, twist your torso and swing your legs in. Reverse to get out, twisting sideways, then hands on the roof to help you pull yourself up.

Sorry if this is old hat for you, just had to run it by you.

Mike
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fast40driver:

Just the quick check - you are using the big guy's entry/exit, right? Back up to the door, sit down sideways, twist your torso and swing your legs in. Reverse to get out, twisting sideways, then hands on the roof to help you pull yourself up.

Sorry if this is old hat for you, just had to run it by you.

Mike

I am only 5' 10" and 175lbs and I have to get in this way. What is wrong with me? (My leg gets wedged under the steering wheel)

OP, can you get us pics when the quick release is installed? I'm curious how much closer the steering wheel will be to the seat.
Good luck.
blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xyster:

I am only 5' 10" and 175lbs and I have to get in this way. What is wrong with me? (My leg gets wedged under the steering wheel)

OP, can you get us pics when the quick release is installed? I'm curious how much closer the steering wheel will be to the seat.
Good luck.

will get some pic when i get it in before and after for comparison sake from my research so far andysautosports has them so does jegs summit etc ... nrg racing make a thin model that will lessen thee distance between you and the steering wheel i am trying to figure what takes up less room a weld on model or a bolt on which i am thinking to go bolt on for sure cause it is easier.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock