coil overs by lowtrickry
Started on: 07-10-2013 04:36 PM
Replies: 9 (346 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 07-12-2013 01:00 PM
lowtrickry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know a source for cheep coil over's? Theres thousands of the on eBay for 60 bucks but none of them have sizes or spring rate and messegeing the ppl got me know where...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
littleblackpontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacSend a Private Message to littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased mine from West Coast Fieros. It took what felt like forever to get them, but im very pleased with them. they were around $400 bucks if i can remember right but they come in a kit and a very nice kit at that. Mine are 400lb spring rate. Also fully adjustable and nice top hats. you could also try arrautmotorsports.com

I've also seen the Mookeeh coilovers on Ebay for $99.99 but you only get the coils.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best coil overs I have ever seen or dealt with were the HELD ones but not sure if they are still around. The bolted right in perfectly with no messing around like the WCF ones. Dan
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the Coil springs are generally 300 lbs. they are on ebay for the springs and sleeves for $95 for the kit. The only use I can see for them is to install alot wider wheels & tires.
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing them for wider tires... I need just the springs and adjusters I'm doing them myself I have new struts ext.
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lowtrickry

333 posts
Member since Feb 2008
When I search fiero coil ovrs on eBay all I get is a set for 180... The 95 dollar ones u mentioned I would be interested in
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered my springs from Jegs. QA1 10" 250 in/lb springs.
Here is a link to a 10" 275lb QA1 spring. To find different spring rates just change the last 3 digits of the part number.
http://www.jegs.com/i/QA1/122/10-275/10002/-1

I also ordered Coleman Racing adjustable sleeves from Jegs. It was cheaper to order them from Jegs than from Coleman due to free shipping from Jegs.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Colem...193/420-701/10002/-1

This was all used in the rear of an '86 with new KYB struts.

Edit to add: this is about as cheap as I was able to get by for these. The ones I found on eBay were too skeptical for me to order because they all seemed to use the same generic pictures and had minimal dimensional info. It just wasn't worth the risk to me so I went with what I knew would work.

[This message has been edited by Silicoan86 (edited 07-29-2013).]

lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are those prices for a pair or single unit?
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are for a single unit.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock