Where can I find a good shift cable? by Twilight Fenrir
Started on: 07-09-2013 09:51 PM
Replies: 8 (158 views)
Last post by: NetCam on 07-10-2013 06:48 PM
Twilight Fenrir

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got an '84 SE with a 4spd... and my Shift Cable broke...

I bought a new one a year or so ago... I think I got it from rockauto... might have been o'Reily's... anyway, the cable was too long no matter how much I adjusted it. So I drilled another hole in the tang at the shifter end, and it seemed to work great.

But, for some reason, my cable seized, and when I pushed too hard on my shifter trying to unjam it, the thinner metal around my added hole broke... leaving me needing a new cable.

I'd like to find one that's actually the right size, and will just go right in... So... where did you get yours? The $130 The Fiero Store wants for it seems a bit much to me...

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rodneydickman.com. It's all good stuff!
Twilight Fenrir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

rodneydickman.com. It's all good stuff!

Nope, they've only got cables for the 85/86 6cyl, and the Getrag 5spd... I don't see anything for the '84 4spd...

Although... now I feel like an idiot... because I threw away my spare cable because the ball came out of the end... only to see I could have saved a fortune buying one of those repair kits RD sells XD

[This message has been edited by Twilight Fenrir (edited 07-09-2013).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the only difference in the 84 and 85 4-speed cables is that the 85 was slightly longer to clear the V6 engine of the 85. 85 cables should work on the 84, but you may encounter problems trying to use 84's on an 85.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a pair from an Isuzu 5 speed with a 4 cyl, do they work?
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Twilight Fenrir:

Nope, they've only got cables for the 85/86 6cyl, and the Getrag 5spd... I don't see anything for the '84 4spd...

Although... now I feel like an idiot... because I threw away my spare cable because the ball came out of the end... only to see I could have saved a fortune buying one of those repair kits RD sells XD

Shoot him a message on here or an email and I'm sure he can clear it up.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=57&products_id=307

I have plenty in stock.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Twilight Fenrir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=57&products_id=307

I have plenty in stock.

Huh... I couldn't find them in hour menu tree o.o Well, thanks for the response! I went ahead and ordered one!
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went looking for the link to put up for the OP and couldn't find it either, but knew that I'd seen them there before.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock