Paperclip code #24 by Dotrenrew
Started on: 07-09-2013 04:29 PM
Replies: 2 (154 views)
Last post by: Dotrenrew on 07-09-2013 04:48 PM
Dotrenrew

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a code 24 with my paperclip diagnostic. Apparently it is a problem with the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor)

Is this something I should worry about?

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (Daily Driver)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. The VSS drives a few important things in the Fiero. Knowing what speed you are going, and having the correct mileage reporting on the odometer are good things to have. Also, if the VSS and RPM readings don't match in the ECM, the computer will light the CEL and may end up in limp mode.

I'd reset the ECM (disconnect negative battery cable for a few minutes), and see if the problem recurs. If it does, you may need to replace the VSS itself, or the gear on it. Or there may be a wiring issue, such as the VSS wire having gotten rubbed through, and occasionally contacting ground, causing a short, and misread of the value.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I will reset ECM.

I haven't noticed any performance problems. Just the CEL when I'm at a stop sign. But the CEl is only on for about 3 seconds.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (Daily Driver)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock