computer chip question by jon m
Started on: 07-09-2013 12:23 PM
Replies: 1 (131 views)
Last post by: Khw on 07-09-2013 06:53 PM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi - I have been watching a program on t.v today and the presenter was saying that if you put a freeflow air filter Like a k & n and a performance exhaust - it would help the the performance of the engine but what would really do it justice is to remap the ecu?

My question is on my 87gt I have the k&n standard filter replacement and a spintech exhaust muffler and a freeflowing cat to add to this I have ported the exhaust manifolds and Y pipe. - now as I live in the u.k and I dont trust anyone to play around with the ecu chip would buying a chip from the fierostore or ther vendor help on the performance?

any opinion is always welcomed.

jon m
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been widely said on here that the stock tune is actually really good. Any aftermarket chip really does nothing for the Fiero except hurt fuel economy by making the engine run richer, if I remember correctly. I don't know if you filter and exhaust would change that, but I would imagine it wouldn't. If the aftermarket chip is programmable, then getting one and having a tune done to it would probably be okay. However, reality is the aftermarket chip is a generic program that doesn't take into account anything you've done to your car.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock