Code 32 -- Need some help as to what to look for by 86 Vintage Fiero
Started on: 07-09-2013 12:13 PM
Replies: 3 (491 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 07-09-2013 02:42 PM
86 Vintage Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to have some work done on my 86 GT. While the car was being looked, I ask the mechanic to see what was causing the "check Engine Soon " light to stay on. He found that a code 32 was coming up. He worked on it and thought it was fixed BUT when I drove it how I found it wasn't. Talked to him this morning and he stated it might be a vacuum leak, the codes (which were provided to me) state that a code 32 is usually a vacuum leak and it is a general problem for most Fiero's. Has anyone ever been able to figure out how to resolve this problem?
Can anyone send pictures of the engine and show me where the EGR is at? Still trying to learn where everything is at on the engine..
Thanks for any and all input.....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Code 32

EGR Vacuum Control
Code 32 is by far the most commonly encountered trouble code. The most common cause for this trouble code is a leak in the EGR vacuum lines. This code is often disregarded since a malfunctioning EGR system seldomly has any effect on the car's driveability, and only on the engine's emissions. It's also tremendously difficult to diagnose the problem. If your car passes emission tests and is otherwise running ok, it's often not worth the trouble trying to find the problem
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 Vintage Fiero:
Can anyone send pictures of the engine and show me where the EGR is at? Still trying to learn where everything is at on the engine..

Here is the general location of Engine components from Fiero Store
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The definitive Code 32 thread - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045528.html

At times people have sold rebuilt EGR control solenoid (control valve) in the MALL section of this forum. - //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/052055.html

Also - Code 32 is NOT caused by a bad EGR valve. It is caused by problems in the EGR CONTROL valve operation - normally a bad EGR control valve.

EGR Valve

EGR Control Solenoid aka EGR Control Valve

Also you can eliminate the EGR valve, EGR control solenoid and Code 32 problems by installing an EGR delete chip in your ECM - http://www.reddevilriver.com/Related_Products.html

The second solution is a shameless self promotion btw since I am Red Devil River, LLC.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 07-09-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock