Finale Help Needed - hatch lock by pooch
Started on: 07-09-2013 08:52 AM
Replies: 10 (268 views)
Last post by: pooch on 08-01-2013 08:09 AM
pooch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for poochSend a Private Message to poochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering what people with the finale rear end with the glass hatch did to lock it up. I have both a deck lid (which i used hood pins to latch) and the glass and have been struggling to make an effective locking system with the stock Fiero locking solenoid.
I appreciate the help, Mike
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested as well. I have a finale tucked up in the rafters, that I have not really started yet.

Not to jump the thread, but what hinges were used for the rear deck? The instruction tape that came with my kit doesn't cover the hatch at all. E-mailed Archie a while (few years) back on both questions, but no answer. I have to say, though, that I did not pursue it at all - just not at the top of the priority heap yet.

Mike
pooch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for poochSend a Private Message to poochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used some heavy duty hinges not sure where they came from but I think it's something you could find at a hardware store. I will upload a few pictures when I get home. As far as the deck lid lock any help from fino/finale builders would be appreciated.
pooch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for poochSend a Private Message to poochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9cohaxe5l6r2li3/xf1GrBs572[/img]

If that doesn't work the link to the images is https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9cohaxe5l6r2li3/xf1GrBs572
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Converting over from deck lid to hatchback, so I haven't tackled this problem yet. Bump for you.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do you have a deck lid and glass hatchback?
pooch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for poochSend a Private Message to poochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a modified deck lid that extends almost to the end of the trunk space.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a picture?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Kevin! You seem to have PFF search feature down to an art.
pooch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for poochSend a Private Message to poochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie recommended I use a simple cabinet lock cylinder.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock