exhaust donuts burning up by RadRuss
Started on: 07-08-2013 01:16 PM
Replies: 4 (239 views)
Last post by: sco77 on 07-08-2013 07:03 PM
RadRuss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
in the next month or so i will be getting my car back on the road but one problem i was having was the donuts that fit between the headers and the exhaust pipe kept burning up which produced an exhaust leak. i did archie v-8 swap about 10 yrs ago and donuts is what was recommended. what are my other options to fix this problem. sorry my car lingo is not that great and what i learned from swapping the engine i pretty much forgot

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:

in the next month or so i will be getting my car back on the road but one problem i was having was the donuts that fit between the headers and the exhaust pipe kept burning up which produced an exhaust leak. i did archie v-8 swap about 10 yrs ago and donuts is what was recommended. what are my other options to fix this problem. sorry my car lingo is not that great and what i learned from swapping the engine i pretty much forgot

My guess would be too much movement in the exhaust at that point. I assume you are talking about a connection with spring bolts and the lead looking donut gasket right? How are the engine and exhaust mounted?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea I would think a leak there could cause them to burn up.
Maybe timing or mixture causing flames in the pipe too?
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try STEEL doughnuts. might "sqeak" a little but won't burn out.
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe replace it with a normal flange and have some double walled flex put in the system.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock