stealing HP out of a 3800 s/c series 2 by lowtrickry
Started on: 07-08-2013 10:33 AM
Replies: 8 (343 views)
Last post by: blacknotchback86 on 07-12-2013 12:15 AM
lowtrickry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3800 series 2 supercharged looking to steal some more HP without ripping the engine apart... Also with the current mods how small of a pully can I run safely

Mods already in progress
* smaller s/c pully
*1.9 rockers n springs
*colder t stat
*colder plugs
*intake
*exhaust
*t.b. spacer
*msd coils
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A really good "on the fly" tune. tune while car is moving...
Northstar TB
Turbo

That is about it

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 07-08-2013).]

lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the north star t.b really make that much difference?
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lowtrickry:

Does the north star t.b really make that much difference?

It will with a ported blower or GenV blower, otherwise it's probably not worth the tuning trouble.

Only other thing then what you listed would be an intercooler.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Northstar and a GenV will do wonders for you, especially once you get more supporting mods. I have a few spare GenV's and a Northstar TB if you're interested. The swap and supporting parts aren't too bad. I ran that setup on my GTP and was very pleased with the results.

Also, MSD aren't really a necessary mod. The stock coils are more reliable and more than adequate for your needs. If you haven't bought them already, I wouldn't.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With these mods how small of a pully can I get away with ? Daily driver/ strip.... And same question with all made except rockers
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lowtrickry:

With these mods how small of a pully can I get away with ? Daily driver/ strip.... And same question with all made except rockers

Well you have to scan for Knock Retard to be sure. I will say it again, you have to scan for knock retard to be sure as each engine combo is different. Scan with the stock pulley and if you have no KR, I would drop to a 3.4 if I were you.

------------------
84 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 3.0 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -12.05 at 111.7mph

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buying a tuner and start learning to tune..Hands down the best MOD u can buy..
blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1) tune for sure

also not sure if your running any of these
2) under drive pulleys?
3) methanol injection to go with a inter cooler ?
4) maybe a boost control valve to adjust the boost the engine is getting. in stead of letting it threw a b.o.v.
5) if you got it apart a cam ?
6) throttle body bigger if you can?
7) nitrousoxide ? like a 15-35 shot but a good tune will tell you if you can? you can run nitrous with chips and boost... the more you run the more fuel, lowering the cooling with a t-stat, you will have to do etc ...like a wet kits... don't forget to run a window switch if planing to do this when your in the rpm window it turn it on and off when you leave that window.... which a tune will help you do this

there so much you can do it just a tune will guide you threw it.... then with the tune there is spark advance and retarding....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock