Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Full 88 rear and front suspension. Value?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Full 88 rear and front suspension. Value? by JHarvey
Started on: 06-26-2013 12:41 AM
Replies: 7 (321 views)
Last post by: hcforde on 06-29-2013 03:19 AM
JHarvey

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the 88 cradle, struts, spindles... everything. (Base coupe 88 so no rear swap bar)
Well everything minus the brake calipers (sold those)
Also have the whole front suspension setup (unbolted the entire section from the car)

Whats this worth? I've seen the 88 cradles sell for $200+ shipping.

Note: Everything is rust free.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why don't you offer it for that price in the Mall and see what happens?
JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not wanting to sell it yet. I figured if i posted it in the mall people would flame the thread for posting it but not wanting to sell it yet.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suppose they would! Your suspension just got a lot more valuable too.
JHarvey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Your suspension just got a lot more valuable too.

why do you say that lol?

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's easy to overestimate value when there is no transaction...these parts don't get sold often enough to establish a 'market price'. If you happen to find somebody who has decided to save a damaged 88, you are in luck... I have seen a few rusted cradles up north that should be swapped....

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 06-26-2013).]

onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worth a lot more in parts than whole. A cradle might go for $200 by itself, and all the trailing arms and such add up, but try and sell a whole '88 parts car with good rust free cradle and suspension, brakes, springs, rack, etc. and for some reason they don't seem to go for more than $400.
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1988 coupe chassis without an engine or transmission(but otherwise complete) that is posted in the MALL. I haven't even received 1 inquiry. The drivetrain was taken out from the top.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock