Inside door handle doesnt open door by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 06-19-2013 09:48 PM
Replies: 6 (78 views)
Last post by: PaulJK on 06-19-2013 11:21 PM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-19-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageClick Here to Email pontiacfierokid1985Send a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok so i got a problem i think either the door handle rod popped off or rotted an broke completely off now im wondering how do i fixed this do i have to remove the door skin or can i just remove the door interior panel an replace the rod also is this a hard job to do rate on a scale of 1-10

IP: Logged

JHarvey

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-19-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JHarveySend a Private Message to JHarveyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had to replace my driver side window and the whole track last week... to say the least it was a pain in the butt. You "might" be able to roll the windows all the way up and get to it from inside by only taking the door panel off. If you have to remove the skin make sure to remove the rod from the handle first then after the door skin is on reach through the door from the inside and pop the rod back onto the plastic bracket on the handle. If you have the rod on the handle while trying to put the door skin on it wants to keep jumping out of place.
Difficulty: 6-7 / 10

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

06-19-2013 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can fix it by removing just the interior door panel.

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-19-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree with Blooze. I have replaced it as well. It took less than an hour total.

pontiacfierokid1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-19-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageClick Here to Email pontiacfierokid1985Send a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very awesome to hear that usually does the rod just pop off or do u all think ill have to replace it

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

06-19-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had the same problem on my 85GT when I bought it. Turned out the part of the cast handle that attaches to the rod was cracked. Managed to get another one from a fellow PFF'er here and also the rods just in case. Was not hard to replace with the interior door panel removed only. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 233
Rate this member

06-19-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

you should also be aware that if the door is locked, the door will NOT open with the inside door handle until you Unlock the door (either hit the door unlock power button or manually unlock it with the lock lever).

The fiero is the ONLY car i've ever had that is like this. All others will open the door when the inside handle is pulled, Regardless if the door is locked or not. friggin' fiero

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock