4T65EHD Transmission Shifter Adapter by Fiero_Guy
Started on: 06-11-2013 06:32 PM
Replies: 6 (516 views)
Last post by: hercimer01 on 04-04-2014 06:00 AM
Fiero_Guy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_GuySend a Private Message to Fiero_GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This part doesn't look all that complicated to make, is there any trick to it? Can the stock transmission bracket be easily modified?
Has anyone built one before? I'm trying to decide if I should build it myself or just by one from west coast fiero? $120 seem a bit much for such a part.
What do you suggest I do?
Cheers and thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lowtrickry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
x2
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No trick to it, just takes a little time in figuring out how you want to do it. If you do a search you will find some really simple examples and some examples of nicer ones, all seem to function well. I think it took a total of 1 hour for me to make mine after looking at some pics here on the forum...
FFIEROFRED

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to make one, use the lever from the trans, turn it around so it points at the engine. grind off the tit on the end. See how much the cable moves. pick a point on the lever that will give you all the gears with the movement that the cable has. put a bolt in the lever for the shift cable to hook to. Next use the bracket from the trans you are using. cut off the part the fwd cable hooked in to. remove the part of the fiero cable bracket that holds the cable. put it on your cable. it should end up some place on the new bracket. Hold it so it all is in line, mark it. Take the parts off, have them welded. remember, park, R, N and D are the most important. Took us a little over 1 hr to do it at home, but I have a welder.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

I think I need that set up instead of what is on the car.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still running mine with the shift pattern backwards. I just haven't gotten around to making something. People do seem to notice too when they look into the car. 1st question they ask is, Why is your car in 1st.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock