Digital Cruise Writeup by fieroluke
Started on: 05-07-2013 06:07 AM
Replies: 8 (699 views)
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 01-22-2014 07:09 PM
fieroluke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have finally documented my digital cruise swap, it's at http://www.fieros.de/en/articles/digcruise.html

One thing that may be interesting is my solution to attach the cruise cable to the throttle body by means of an adapter:

The adapter is available in printed stainless steel at shapeways in case anyone wants one.

Take care.

[This message has been edited by fieroluke (edited 05-07-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!
Fiero_Guy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_GuySend a Private Message to Fiero_GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice, Would this work on a 88 fiero with a 3800 Series III swap? Or is there another solution for these cars?
fieroluke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see why it wouldn't work, since the Cruise works independently from the ECM/Engine.
And on the 3800 you probably won't need the adapter, unless you kept the Fiero throttle body.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting! I wanted to add digital cruise to mine.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for this. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time.

------------------

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice writeup!

Question:

The 88 V6 already has the 4000 ppm signal that the digital cruise requires on pin "M" of the connector, the previous years however don't have this luxury.

Is there a way to tell what year a cluster came from? I upgraded to the 120MPH cluster, but can't remember what year the car it came from was.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Guy:

Nice, Would this work on a 88 fiero with a 3800 Series III swap? Or is there another solution for these cars?

I have an 88 Mera with a 3800 SAC Series III swap that uses an aftermarket digital cruise control. If you want any details send me an e-mail or PM.

Nelson
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did all the V6 speedos have the 4000ppm pin or just some.
Anyone know?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock