Started on: 04-09-2013 12:48 AM
Replies: 82 (3293 views)
Last post by: fierofinder on 09-09-2021 12:18 AM
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice...
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive supports
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a little progress. Been real busy with kids sports lately. I'll get an update soon.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
finally some new pics.

I had a comparison picture of my carpets but cant find it. I sprayed them black with the dupli color fabric paint. It looks real nice.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the new radiator in had to grind out a little on the upper bracket so it didn't rub against the radiator also I used some 1/2 spacers to lift the bracket up a little.

Also got the steel braided brake lines done in the front.

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working hard. Put the engine back in today.

[This message has been edited by fierofinder (edited 07-08-2014).]

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
couple of pics here

I used krylon plastic fusion paint so hopefully it works well.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once I have the exhaust done and put back on I will be ready to start her up. Then I get to start on interior and the body work.
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2014 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic Build, can't wait to see more!
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yay more pics. oh and it runs now.

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled it out of the garage today to warm it up and let it idle. I needed to get coolant system burped and to bake the manifolds with their new paint. Paint sure smoked a lot probably baked the paint right off under the heat wrap. Maybe it would have been better to wrap them after baking but thought it would be ok and I really didn't want to have to remove them to wrap later. tomorrow I will unwrap a small section and see how it looks. If I have to start over than lesson learned. The only issue I had though was after the engine began to warm up my thermostat housing started squirting water out of a pin hole in the side. Made a big mess, had to take the air compressor to it and dry it out for like 30 minutes. Other issue was brakes went a ways down before engaging and it still has hunting idle. At this point I'm pretty sure that hunting idle is caused by my fuel injectors. I either need to get it tuned to work with my disc type injectors or I will get some pintle types to install.

Look at that baby smoke.
Also the colored heat wrap off of ebay did not keep its color just so you all know its junk.
PFF
System Bot
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got these door panels from Russ a while back. Finally getting them put on. They look awesome.

Underdrive pulley. I'm going to wait and drive the car for awhile before installing so I can really see how much it changes it.

Most of the body panels are back on. Have the roof piece that I cut off just sitting there. I would like to make it be able to come on and off but it is to big to store in the fiero. I might cut it in half. Not really sure.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got my thermostat housing back today. I'll get it installed by this weekend so I can finally drive her around. I'll get some new pics up soon too.
In other news I noticed a little bit of a coolant leaking while its sitting. It is coming from the heater line in the rear. Its a hardline connection that has a plastic connector. Before I pull the connection apart does anyone know what kind of seal it is. Is there just an o-ring in there.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a thing about that Radiator.(they are just a shade taller than stock) after you get it all together, put some masking tape on the underside of your HOOD and shut it a couple of times. I think you may find that the hood rail touches the radiator Cap and will cause it to leak. been there done that. just thought I'd give you a" heads up" if you have a cooling problem you can't quite find.
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Wednesday. Does that mean you're done?
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2014 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First drive in Fiero today after two years in garage. Didn't go so well. After a bit it would die and wouldn't start back up til I let it sit for awhile. Be a little while til I get a chance to hook the car up to the computer and see what the sensors are doing. Since I'm moving to Portland soon my car will be stored and I wont see it for months.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nothing new. she sits in the garage back in California while we house search here in Vancouver wa. I'll be right back at it when I have a place to put her.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm back at it. Finally have a place in battleground wa. Have my fiero here in the garage and its time to work out the bugs. She is not running well. I have moates extreme aldl and win aldl on my computer but I'm not getting any data to come through. I need to know how to set up the win aldl correctly. Had this problem before and I don't remember what I did.
Darth Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth ZSend a Private Message to Darth ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very impressive build and lots of great pics. She'll look brand new by the time your finished. Can't wait to see the finished product!
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2015 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofinder:

So I'm back at it. Finally have a place in battleground wa. Have my fiero here in the garage and its time to work out the bugs. She is not running well. I have moates extreme aldl and win aldl on my computer but I'm not getting any data to come through. I need to know how to set up the win aldl correctly. Had this problem before and I don't remember what I did.

You need a 10K resistor between A and B to get the data to flow. Your ALDL cable may have a jumper on it for this purpose.

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just want to say I'm still working on this. Currently trying to work out the poor idle. Seems I may have to much valve lift with the cam and the 1.6 ratio rocker arms. Once I have this issue resolved I will be back at the build. Finishing the interior will be the first thing I get to.
PFF
System Bot
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update. It's been awhile, the rain has been relentless and I just recently got married. Since my last post I took off my 1.6 ratio rockers and put stock ones back on. It does seem to idle better. When it's cold it actually idles pretty well but once it warms up its back to hunting. While changing the rock we are I noticed my front main seal was leaking oil. I had used a repair sleeve but didn't work so I went ahead and replaced the harmonic balancer and got a new seal. I also replaced my slave cylinder because my clutch was acting up. Still couldn't shift and couldn't figure out the problem. I replaced master with Rodney's master cylinder and still no good. Finally someone suggested I'm getting too much throw. So I shortened the banjo and I can now shift. So now that Tuesday is drive able again I will be doing some data logging and tuning. Once she is running well I will be back on finishing the interior.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I took off my 1.6 ratio rockers and put stock ones back on. It does seem to idle better. When it's cold it actually idles pretty well but once it warms up its back to hunting.

I wonder if your lightweight aluminum flywheel is contributing to the poor idle?

Haven't messed with Tuesday much lately but I did pick this up when I had some extra cash.

8lb fidanza flywheel.

I was going to install a Fidanza unit on my '88 Formula when I changed the clutch, but I chickened out when I researched "aluminum creep" here.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No luck researching that. Could you explain it a little or post a link?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No luck researching that. Could you explain it a little or post a link?

Have a look at This thread for info on "aluminum creep".
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I did end up finding this thread and another with some really good info. Hate to drop my cradle so I can add some sleeves but now it's going to make me worry. At this point however the aluminum flywheel has less than ten slow data collecting miles on it, so I don't think that anything would have came loose yet and be causing any issues.

Also if you have any idea on the specs for the sleeves so I can keep my eye out for some.

[This message has been edited by fierofinder (edited 07-18-2016).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2016 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also if you have any idea on the specs for the sleeves so I can keep my eye out for some.

Fieroguru is the man when it comes to this. Maybe send him a PM.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went for a little drive and did some data logging the other day. Got a full tank of some fresh gas now. Trip went pretty well. So nice to drive it.

After installing all my supports I no longer can install my original seat belts. Was planning on doing a harness but for daily driving I'm thinking that would start to get annoying if I'm not able to lean forward. Any one have any suggestions?
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Went for a little drive and did some data logging the other day. Got a full tank of some fresh gas now. Trip went pretty well. So nice to drive it.

After installing all my supports I no longer can install my original seat belts. Was planning on doing a harness but for daily driving I'm thinking that would start to get annoying if I'm not able to lean forward. Any one have any suggestions?

Not sure what the issue is with the original seat belt position... Are you worried about the structural integrity of the support? You might be able to reverse your seat belts like they do on Lamborghini Murcielagos. i.e. the seat belts would both be over the opposite shoulder (by the center console).
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The retractor and bottom mounting bracket would have to be mounted differently. Bottom one could be attached to the tubing fairly easy but not sure about the retractor. I was thinking maybe getting belts were only the top retracts so there is only a bottom and top attaching point.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2017 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to show I'm still working on this. After moving to Washington it's hard to find time. Rains a lot here and my garage is small and cramped. As soon as get this tuning taken care of I should be more motivated to work on the other stuff too.
PFF
System Bot
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2017 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm back at it. I am going to pay to have it tuned. If I wait around for me to do it, it will be awhile. I found a great deal on some 16" rims today. Ordered tires for them so when those come in and are put on I'll be able to turn without any rims rubbing. I staggered the tire sizes, the fronts will be 205/50 16. This is a tad bit lower than the stock tires. I wanted extra clearance in the front because of how much I lowered it. The rears I got 215/55 16 a bit bigger than stock. This combo makes the rake more aggressive as well. Does anyone think that will be an issue? I'll post pics but need to find an old phone that can take photos PIP can handle.
Edit to say the clearance I mentioned is between fender and tire. I realize the car itself will be lower to the ground.

[This message has been edited by fierofinder (edited 08-24-2017).]

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

got a set of these rims at the Goodwill for $80. a little oxidation on them but otherwise clean.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2017 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofinder

636 posts
Member since Apr 2007

Realized I never actually posted a pic of the redone door panel after I put it back on the door.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered some stuff this week. I'll be getting new seats and new KYB struts for the rear. Should all show up sometime next week. Planning on using the springs from the front on the new struts. I'll be making a retainer for them like Fieroguru did on an old thread of his. I'll be taking enough off the springs to lower it a couple inches maybe.

Also I have already sent Ryan at Sinister Performance some data logs and should get a new tune in a few days to go do some more logging with. Excited about this and really hope it cures Tuesday so we can get on to Wednesday already.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the first tune back. Already makes a big difference definitely idling better. Can't do another log quite yet. Took the seatbelts and seats back out. My new seats came in today and I have been working on bracket for those. New struts should be here tomorrow and my tires for the new rims showed up. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2017 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
been working with my new seats and seatbelt harnesses, and i'm not sure I like them. They are not as comfortable as the stock seats with just a standard seatbelt. I've been messing with different configurations and had to modify things to get the way I like it. the way I have it now isn't bad but sure is a pain to get in and out. Thinking I need a quick release hub for steering wheel. I used the fiero seat brackets on the sliders that these seats came with.

Since these pictures I lowered the back and front down one hole and I like it much better. Its closer to the stock seat height.

[This message has been edited by fierofinder (edited 09-11-2017).]

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for nice weather again. Pulled it out of garage today and looked it over. Still lots to do.
fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2019 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long over due update. I have Dave W. From Old School EFI doing the tuning for me. He is local here and got to meet him. Really nice guy and knows his stuff. After messing with the bin I had he decided to start a fresh one and right from the start he has it running really well. Im sure when its all done he will have it running real nice.

In other news I finished rear suspension. Got it lowered to where I want it. Cut front springs in rear. Also replaced battery and alternator. Thinking of going back to stock seats. Dont like the buckets. Too much work getting in and out. Stock seats sit a little lower.

Now that its driveable ill be working on it more. Excited to drive it.

fierofinder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinderSend a Private Message to fierofinderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Realizing there's several things done lately I need to post to get you up to speed. I just need to find my old camera that takes lower quality photos so I can post them on PIP. Some new parts. Interior pieces are going in and progress on tuning.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock