Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Where can I buy TCC solenoid, TCC pressure switch, and side pan gasket other than TFS

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where can I buy TCC solenoid, TCC pressure switch, and side pan gasket other than TFS by Timpilot
Started on: 03-19-2013 09:08 PM
Replies: 7 (363 views)
Last post by: carbon on 07-19-2013 01:33 PM
Timpilot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TimpilotClick Here to visit Timpilot's HomePageSend a Private Message to TimpilotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store seems a little high on the price of these items but I haven't found them elsewhere.

Thanks for any help.

Timpilot
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TFS gives you a 10% discount for being on PFF---but you can also go to rockauto
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any tranny shop should have it.

That's where I get them.

Steve
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RockAuto.com?
GMPartsDirect.com?
FieroStore.com?
local auto parts store?
local GM dealer?
local transmission specialty shop?

A GM dealer or a transmission specialty shop may be the only places you're going to find the side cover gasket, but it's not that expensive.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-20-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any auto parts store should be able get these parts.

If not, I have had good luck with Rock Auto. They list it as the control solenoid under auto tranny
https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=428950&cc=1249208

Advance can get them: http://shop.advanceautopart...olenoid+transmission

Amazon:
Fel-Pro TOS18661 Oil Pan Set

ACDelco 8689901 Torque Converter Solenoid
ATP CE-4 Automatic Transmission Control Solenoid

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 03-20-2013).]

Timpilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TimpilotClick Here to visit Timpilot's HomePageSend a Private Message to TimpilotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a bunch for all the help. I ordered the solenoid and side-cover gasket from Rock Auto.
Could not seem to find the pressure switch. I thought I would go ahead and replace the pressure switch while I have the side-cover off.
a_bartle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I notice the AC Delco solenoid (#8689901) has extra wire and connectors on the ends, the other solenoids just have short leads and a wire connector on the end (which means you'll be cutting into the original wires and making a connection). Usually I'd not want to do that because it's just another place for a possible failure, however, is it a pain-in-the-ass to route the wires and make the connections if I order and use the AC Delco solenoid when installing the part???

Also, I'm a little confussed about the "pressure switch". Is this also refered to as a "3rd gear switch". I'm having trouble finding that part anywhere (I did find it as a pressure switch at the Fiero Store, but wanted to make sure it was the same thing as the 3rd gear switch...).

[This message has been edited by a_bartle (edited 07-19-2013).]

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a_bartle:

I notice the AC Delco solenoid (#8689901) has extra wire and connectors on the ends, the other solenoids just have short leads and a wire connector on the end (which means you'll be cutting into the original wires and making a connection). Usually I'd not want to do that because it's just another place for a possible failure, however, is it a pain-in-the-ass to route the wires and make the connections if I order and use the AC Delco solenoid when installing the part???

Also, I'm a little confussed about the "pressure switch". Is this also refered to as a "3rd gear switch". I'm having trouble finding that part anywhere (I did find it as a pressure switch at the Fiero Store, but wanted to make sure it was the same thing as the 3rd gear switch...).

The pressure switch is the 3rd gear switch and yes it is a pain in the rear to get your fingers in there, between the valve body and the case, to mess with the wiring, I ended up cutting and splicing even with the ACDelco kit... wasn't really a big deal and the connectors already installed for the pressure switch was nice as well.

On Rock Auto:
VICTOR REINZ Part # W39368TC - Side cover gasket
ACDELCO Part # 8689901 - TCC soleniod

Funny that the pressure switch is hard to find... that was easy when I did it 10 years ago... I had to go to a tranny shop to get the solenoid. LOL

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 07-19-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock