Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  looking for a diagram to fabricate a 3.4 DOHC power steering pump bypass pulley

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
looking for a diagram to fabricate a 3.4 DOHC power steering pump bypass pulley by gambler85
Started on: 02-06-2013 01:36 PM
Replies: 5 (442 views)
Last post by: gambler85 on 07-28-2014 10:42 PM
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm wondering if anyone has some ideas on how to make a power steering pump bypass pulley? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mid way down the page

http://ltlfrari.no-ip.com/E...age1/EngineSwap1.htm

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
LQ1 powered
3800 swap in progress
http://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/CC_Rider/

bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just like CCrider says. follow ltlferrari build thread, it helped me when i did mine.

dan
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is one of those parts that I'm supprised didn't get added to one of our major vendors list of "must haves". If WCF or someone else had done this about 10 years ago, i'm sure they would have made their money back by now. but with the DOHC motor falling out of popularity, it makes no sence to do it now.

I was able to find a bracket in the Jyard that worked. To this day I have no idea what it was off of and I still look for it when I visit even though I dn't have a DOHC motor any more.

Cheers

Rob
ricksmastermix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ricksmastermixClick Here to visit ricksmastermix's HomePageSend a Private Message to ricksmastermixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I simply took the vanes out of the pump, sealed off the fluid port with a hardware store cap fitting. The screw off cap allows me to keep fluid in the pump for lubrication. It's run like that for over a year now with no problems. No idler pulley needed, no new belt needed.
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to a junkyard and grab a power steering pump idler off of any vehicle that has a 3500 pushrod motor. When gm went to the electric power steering they also need to have an idler where the power steering pump was. So that is what they used. I just tapped my top hole of the stock 3.4 Dohc bracket to the threads of the factory 3500 bolt and screwed it in. It has worled so far and works fine with belt tension on it

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock