Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Anyone Out There Have Motegi MR116 Wheels?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone Out There Have Motegi MR116 Wheels? by Bloozberry
Started on: 01-25-2013 03:16 PM
Replies: 3 (453 views)
Last post by: Steven Snyder on 09-05-2014 05:10 PM
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to get an idea just how much room there is behind the spokes on the Motegi MR116's for brake calipers. I've scoured the internet without any luck.

I know Cornersonrails has these wheels so I PM'ed him but I'm not sure he checks in here very often. If you know someone that has them and is willing to lend a helping hand, I need three measurements that can be taken with the wheels on of off the car, plus a few details about the car to help me calculate what I need to know (I realize the measurements will vary with different offsets and widths but I can calculate everything I need from the following info):

1. the diameter, width, and offset of your wheel;
2. the year of your car;
3. any modifications to brakes;
4. thickness of wheel spacers (if any); and
5. the following measurements:

A. the distance between the back side of the spokes and the face of the rotor, 5-1/2" or so out from the center of the wheel;

B. the approx distance between the outer rim of the wheel (not including the tire) and the back side of the spokes (I realize the spokes make stick out beyond the outer edge of the rim, so if that's the case, then the thickness of the spokes is what I need, plus approx how far out the spokes stick out from the rim) ; and

C. the furthest outboard edge of the wheel (not including the tire) to the wheel mounting flange (not including the thickness of any wheel spacers if used).

Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 01-25-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend warriors!
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a set of these! 17X7 They better fit!

------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is an old thread but it's nice to have some closure. I've had these wheels on my track car since 2012..

I have 12" C4 rotors with stock '88 calipers. There is plenty of clearance. These wheels are not concave. If you need more clearance up front add a spacer; the 17x7-45mm wheel is tucked in pretty well without a spacer.

Motegi MR116 17x7-48mm and 18x9-45mm with 215/45/17s up front and 275/35/18 in the rear:

This is with 3 deg negative camber front and rear and 5mm spacers on the front only:

This is with 1 deg negative camber front 2.5 deg rear, with no spacers:

Side view:

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 09-05-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock