Koni struts/Eibach springs too low? by Hulk
Started on: 01-11-2013 09:59 PM
Replies: 5 (551 views)
Last post by: Fadingaway on 01-21-2014 12:20 AM
Hulk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. Been a few years, but I still have my Fiero, and I'm still putting a N* in it. I recently moved, so I had to throw the rear cradle and suspension on it to move it. When I did, I put the Koni struts and Eibach lowering springs on it. I am alarmed at how low it sits. Even with no motor, the cradle sits only a couple inches off the ground. All of the N* swaps I've seen put the oil pan lower than the cradle, so it seems that once I get into the car, my engine will already be on the ground. Currently the car is at my friends' shop, Halo Supercars (shameless plug, but they've really helped me out) and I don't have the boxes for the springs so I don't know if I've done something wrong or if I've got the wrong springs. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Ryan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, Eibach made two different types of lowering springs for the Fiero. The black ones lower the suspension by one inch. And I think the red ones lower it by two inches (not 100% sure on that). I have the black ones on my Fiero, and the cradle has about 4 inches of ground clearance.

Are you sure you didn't make a mistake during assembly?
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2013 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not absolutely certain that I made no mistakes during assembly, but it is a relatively simple procedure. I don't recall what color the springs were, but if I had to guess, I'd say black. I will check next time I see it. It is possible I put something together wrong...one things for sure: it will have to be corrected before the swap commences. Thanks for your input though.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey fellow Hoosier, I'm over in Chesterton.

I had Koni's with Eibachs on my 85 and it was somewhere around 1-1.5" drop and my springs are black. I bought them used from another member on here so I couldn't tell you anything about assembly. Currently they're sitting in my garage waiting to be installed in my 86 because I ended up stripping the 85 and sending it to the junkyard because of a rotted frame.

------------------

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

Hey fellow Hoosier, I'm over in Chesterton.

I had Koni's with Eibachs on my 85 and it was somewhere around 1-1.5" drop and my springs are black. I bought them used from another member on here so I couldn't tell you anything about assembly. Currently they're sitting in my garage waiting to be installed in my 86 because I ended up stripping the 85 and sending it to the junkyard because of a rotted frame.

Hey man, I didn't see your reply! My old car is in pieces, but I have another Fiero that I'm driving around right now. We'll have to hook up sometime! I'll PM you contact info.

------------------
Ryan

86 Fiero GT
-Project SR-71

86 Fiero SE V6

91 Mustang 5.0 LX
-Slow...

Fadingaway

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see some NWI fiero owners around, I would love to meet yall and give you a hand with your cars sometime once I fix the cooling issue on my 84

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock