Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  This the right WALBRO for a fiero? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This the right WALBRO for a fiero? by jasonfox
Started on: 11-24-2012 05:05 PM
Replies: 40 (1005 views)
Last post by: fierogtx on 06-27-2014 12:15 AM
jasonfox

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Upgrading fuel pump in my 3.8 turbo fiero.

Is this the correct fuel pump? http://www.summitracing.com...vpn-gss341/overview/

Yes I want and will at some point NEED 255lph, no I will never use e85, no I don't want deatschwerks because I don't want to pay the price for my mechanic to alter the stock gm fuel pump seat, yes I know the walbro is noisy.

Thank you to any who can answer.

[This message has been edited by jasonfox (edited 11-24-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason -

I know there was some issues here in the semi-recent past about non-US 255's out there for sale. I spoke w/ Sinister Fiero about it and he recommended this place here as a safe bet for getting a "true US Walbro 255"

http://www.fullthrottlespee...s.asp+kc+834GMHP+eq+

I have it installed in our 88GT with no issues. Again, stock motor, no 3800, but works well. I kinda like the whine, lets me know its on.

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jasonfox:

Upgrading fuel pump in my 3.8 turbo fiero.

Is this the correct fuel pump? http://www.summitracing.com...vpn-gss341/overview/

Yes I want and will at some point NEED 255lph, no I will never use e85, no I don't want deatschwerks because I don't want to pay the price for my mechanic to alter the stock gm fuel pump seat, yes I know the walbro is noisy.

Thank you to any who can answer.

The Walbro is noisy but it is also very sensitive to low fuel levels and has had reliability issues. . Just about every swap can be handled by the AC/Delco EP381 or Bosch 60225 pumps. Those pumps are used on GM 7.4L (454 C.I.) engines ,run quiet and are reliable. I had a genuine Walbo on my 3800SC and after an hour driving with it, that high pirched whine got so annoying that I went back to my garage and took it out. If you are dead set on the Walbro, this is how it sounds.

I think they sound like garbage.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am with Dennis on this one. I had the Walbro in mine and the whine was so loud that it was very annoying, and sort of embarrassing as well. I prided myself in having a Fiero that looked good, rode good, but that god-awful fuel pump was a downfall. I dropped the tank, and went the same route as Dennis.

BTW, there was no mod required for the pump I used. It was a drop in fit. The connector was different, but an adapter came with the pump.

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 11-25-2012).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you guys did the install of the pump, did they include new bushings for the pump to be mounted on, ( lower attachment point )?

Mine sounds NOWHERE near that loud at all. You can tell its on, there's a slight whine, but not even close to a point where I'd think of going though the hassle of pulling it back out.

There's got to be more going on w/ that video. That I'd agree is more than enough reason to pull it and chuck it if it sounded even 1/4 that bad...

--Allen
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine was installed by the previous owner. As I recall, (it's been at least three+ years since swapping) there was some rubber isolator on it when I pulled it. Mine was not as loud as the video that Dennis posted, but it was very noticeable while idling.

Originally posted by mcaanda:

When you guys did the install of the pump, did they include new bushings for the pump to be mounted on, ( lower attachment point )?

Mine sounds NOWHERE near that loud at all. You can tell its on, there's a slight whine, but not even close to a point where I'd think of going though the hassle of pulling it back out.

There's got to be more going on w/ that video. That I'd agree is more than enough reason to pull it and chuck it if it sounded even 1/4 that bad...

--Allen

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heard alot about people replacing their fuel pump with walbo, then having to do it again in a few months !
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
The Walbro is noisy but it is also very sensitive to low fuel levels and has had reliability issues. .

I agree and emphasize that. It is very noisy for no good reason. The Walbro in my tank took a time-out on me at the gas pump half way between GA and FL, a Sheriff Deputy helped me push the car into a parking space where I spliced in my external Walbro pump (Doh!) after which the in tank Walbro pump had cooled down and started working again. If your tank level drops down to about 1/8, you're asking for trouble with an in tank Walbro and it can happen easily with a fluctuating fuel level sender. I'll be replacing it soon with a pump from the GM 8100 V8 tank assembly left over from a propane conversion, it's a little larger in diameter than the stock pump and should be more than sufficient.
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the responses! I need to know just in case there is a fitment issue with the fuel pump coming with my injectors. Got a low mileage set of 42.5 injectors with an aftermarket pump off clubgp. Owner wasn't sure what kind it was as the previous owner had it installed when the head/cam work was done on his engine.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

http://www.deatschwerks.com...l-pumps/dw200-detail

arrogant retard
ar-uh-guhnt ri-tahrd

"Individual with head so far up their own ass that they cannot read."

Originally posted by jasonfox:no I don't want deatschwerks because I don't want to pay the price for my mechanic to alter the stock gm fuel pump seat

[This message has been edited by jasonfox (edited 11-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jasonfox

818 posts
Member since Oct 2010

Originally posted by topcat:

I am with Dennis on this one. I had the Walbro in mine and the whine was so loud that it was very annoying, and sort of embarrassing as well. I prided myself in having a Fiero that looked good, rode good, but that god-awful fuel pump was a downfall. I dropped the tank, and went the same route as Dennis.

BTW, there was no mod required for the pump I used. It was a drop in fit. The connector was different, but an adapter came with the pump.

Long term I'm going to put dynomat around the entire tank area. No biggie.
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jasonfox

818 posts
Member since Oct 2010
Also, if a person is retarded enough to let their gas go below half tank for any reasonable period of time it's their own damn fault when their pump runs like **** or dies. That goes for almost any fuel pump, in tank.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, if a person is retarded enough to let their gas go below half tank for any reasonable period of time it's their own damn fault when their pump runs like **** or dies. That goes for almost any fuel pump, in tank.

nope.

If you can't pay your installer 5 extra minutes to modify sending unit then maybe you should do it yourself.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

nope.

If you can't pay your installer 5 extra minutes to modify sending unit then maybe you should do it yourself.

That *five minutes* you're talking about will come out to an hour of book time for a custom modification on a car part. I would do it myself if my right arm wasn't partially paralyzed. Prior to becoming 100% department of veterans affairs disabled serving in the Army I DID do my own mechanic work, right down to the bare block.
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been driving a fuel injected car for over 25 yrs with the same tank refill habits and the only pump I've had a problem with is the Walbro. I see no relevance to the effect of hurting pump dependability by running below half a tank or there would be cars stalled all over the U.S. as a result, starving it yes. I believe there's enough posted here to suggest the pump is not as impressive as you're thinking. Try some other forums for more feedback, Buick GN is a good one, I believe that's where some one posted that this pump is unforgiving and also that it doesn't do well if it sits in fuel unused for a while.

This pump is probably best suited for race only applications and just isn't up to par for the rigors of a daily driver. A noisy pump in my opinion is about like an engine that vibrates due to a small imbalance.

34blazer660

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 34blazer660Send a Private Message to 34blazer660Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
too much of a gamble on finding a true walbro, its hard to trust whether its a chinese knock-off or not.

on the other hand, i didnt see anyone mention the aeromotive stealth 340lph pump, nice and quiet, no issues and plenty of room to grow.
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joseph Upson:

I've been driving a fuel injected car for over 25 yrs with the same tank refill habits and the only pump I've had a problem with is the Walbro. I see no relevance to the effect of hurting pump dependability by running below half a tank or there would be cars stalled all over the U.S. as a result, starving it yes. I believe there's enough posted here to suggest the pump is not as impressive as you're thinking. Try some other forums for more feedback, Buick GN is a good one, I believe that's where some one posted that this pump is unforgiving and also that it doesn't do well if it sits in fuel unused for a while.

This pump is probably best suited for race only applications and just isn't up to par for the rigors of a daily driver. A noisy pump in my opinion is about like an engine that vibrates due to a small imbalance.

I once had a relative who worked for the Virginia State Police. They were instructed not to let the tank below half because during hard driving with fast turns they could risk prematurely starving the pump of lubricant. I'll take their word for it.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like an old wives tell... I'd hate to think that modern factory installed fuel pumps are that sensitive to fuel levels. Aftermarket - maybe, although I have to say that I never had that problem with my old Walbro pump. It was in the car for about 5 years before I tiered of hearing it whine and changed it out... and I often filled up between 1/4th - 1/8th of a tank, and never had the pump stop working. It was just noisy as heck.

I once had a relative who worked for the Virginia State Police. They were instructed not to let the tank below half because during hard driving with fast turns they could risk prematurely starving the pump of lubricant. I'll take their word for it.

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 34blazer660:

too much of a gamble on finding a true walbro, its hard to trust whether its a chinese knock-off or not.

on the other hand, i didnt see anyone mention the aeromotive stealth 340lph pump, nice and quiet, no issues and plenty of room to grow.

do they fit? I've been considering one myself.

------------------
there's a Group on 60degreeV6.com for us 660 Fiero owners!

Fiero Owner's group on 60degreeV6.com

I know these lines Look crooked on paper, but I swear I've got them straight in my head.

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To ruduce pump noise,add a few pads to the top and sides of the fuel tank,this wil prevent sound from traveling through the chassie to the interior (I used,scrap dash cover pieces.If you dont have one nows the time to buy one and use the scraps for the tank)

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 11-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Makes perfectly good sense in what is certainly a severe duty application, but in a Fiero you'd be on your way to jail not long after attempting to subject the pump to that kind of abuse on the street. Modern cars have a modular design specifically for that reason. The assembly my 8100 V8 pump came with has a trap door that lets fuel in but not out making it near impossible to starve the pump except for running the tank empty, even the return fuel drops back into the enclosure. I didn't find out about the Walbro pump noise, or the complaints until after I purchased it. If your hearing isn't all that great you two will get along fine, otherwise I think you should look at alternatives as I haven't found a song on my radio yet that mixes well with the Walbro whine.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jasonfox....U keep up with all the BS replies with those trying to help u out then before long u will not be getting any help at all. Unsure why u think u can reply in the manner u do but I must say it is not going to get u anywhere.

Also all ur questuons have been answered over and over so if u dont wanna here opinions then use the search function. Just my opinion on ur attitude torward others in the Threads u have started.
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Jasonfox....U keep up with all the BS replies with those trying to help u out then before long u will not be getting any help at all. Unsure why u think u can reply in the manner u do but I must say it is not going to get u anywhere.

Also all ur questuons have been answered over and over so if u dont wanna here opinions then use the search function. Just my opinion on ur attitude torward others in the Threads u have started.

Pointing out stupidity isn't a "bs" reply, sarcasm is my free speech right, and I did plenty of searching fanboi. My original question was for the part number. I've yet to see that answered even after I searched for a solid hour.

[This message has been edited by jasonfox (edited 11-25-2012).]

34blazer660

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 34blazer660Send a Private Message to 34blazer660Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

the aero unit isnt much larger than a walbro, a little taller and a fraction of an inch wider. im sure theres info out there, try a google search
jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason -

I know there was some issues here in the semi-recent past about non-US 255's out there for sale. I spoke w/ Sinister Fiero about it and he recommended this place here as a safe bet for getting a "true US Walbro 255"

I have it installed in our 88GT with no issues. Again, stock motor, no 3800, but works well. I kinda like the whine, lets me know its on.

--Allen

Thank you for this reply, and for exhibiting the basic intellectual ability to read that has gone so long forgotten by some members of our society. Kudos on the cat avatar also.
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for this reply, and for exhibiting the basic intellectual ability to read that has gone so long forgotten by some members of our society. Kudos on the cat avatar also.

http://www.jdsperformance.c...7&fcmd=item&inmake=0

There, scroll down to Fiero, would have posted it from the start but had trouble remembering the name of the company I purchased mine from. I read quite well, just thought you might like to know things about this part many feel important to know before investing in it.
Good luck.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pointing out stupidity isn't a "bs" reply, sarcasm is my free speech right, and I did plenty of searching fanboi. My original question was for the part number. I've yet to see that answered even after I searched for a solid hour.

Point proven....
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to get into the argument but MustangsBware is making a valid point. Calling people names even if you believe them to be negligent or wrong is a sure way to get booted off of this forum. This forum is self moderating. Look at the ratings bar below all long term members names. It shows favorability positives and negatives. Those ratings are given by other forum members in the way of votes. You are currently a probationary member. Too many negative votes and you are banned. These are not my rules but the rules of Cliff Pennock, the owner of this forum. Most of the guys who replied have been on this forum a long time because they have been helpful and share in the open exchange of ideas and opinions. At times members are right and other times they are wrong but so what? You are an intelligent individual and as such you have every right to disagree and make up your own mind. Read the replies on the fuel pump and decide for yourself.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Not to get into the argument but MustangsBware is making a valid point. Calling people names even if you believe them to be negligent or wrong is a sure way to get booted off of this forum. This forum is self moderating. Look at the ratings bar below all long term members names. It shows favorability positives and negatives. Those ratings are given by other forum members in the way of votes. You are currently a probationary member. Too many negative votes and you are banned. These are not my rules but the rules of Cliff Pennock, the owner of this forum. Most of the guys who replied have been on this forum a long time because they have been helpful and share in the open exchange of ideas and opinions. At times members are right and other times they are wrong but so what? You are an intelligent individual and as such you have every right to disagree and make up your own mind. Read the replies on the fuel pump and decide for yourself.

If there was an argument to get into, but there's not.

I had two friends growing up, and we all three wanted to serve the American people when we grew up. One spilled his blood flying a helicopter in 2010 and we buried him, I walked away from my time in permanently disabled, and the other one is walking around in that hell hole right now attached to 18 series and I don't know if he's going to make it back.

I think mandatory service in the military would really help people man the **** up.

If me expressing my opinion and pointing out stupidity where I see it, after two years of reading a persons posts, offends anyone I offer them this simple advice.

Get the **** over it. Keep me, ban me, I don't care. No one will ever tell me how to live my life or what I can or cannot say. I have freedom, and I paid for mine at a terrible price.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

--Allen

The fake walbros were really quiet.
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would do it myself if my right arm wasn't partially paralyzed. Prior to becoming 100% department of veterans affairs disabled serving in the Army I DID do my own mechanic work, right down to the bare block.

Jason,
Thank you for serving us.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread

jasonfox

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2012 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Jason,
Thank you for serving us.

I wish I could do it all over again, thank you.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish I could do it all over again, thank you.

On a positive note I also applaud you for your bravery, dedication and service to our country. I will send you a PM with some other non auto info.

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not trying to steal your thread or anything, but what all needs to be done to make the deatschwerks pump work? That's the one I was going to use, is it just cutting the sending unit so that it fits, make the harness, then securing it somehow (zip ties?), or is it more involved?

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap)
98 GTP - Some mods

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

Now I haven't verified it, but that is the pump that is suppose to be in my 88. Whodeanies said they installed it... so its probably stock. Anyway, I can only hear it slightly when the ign is on, with the engine NOT running.

Also, ZZP sells them..

Jason, careful pointing out your career history and disability. There are dirtbags on here that will claim you are wanting their pity.

USA VFW here.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-26-2012).]

fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jason -

--Allen

the link you wrote are the good one pump im ready to order and just want to make sure it is the good one because in canada it is lot of headache to resend the stock when you dont have the good pump model
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtx

971 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Jason -

--Allen

does it is the good pump just to make sure sometimes they alter the parts number and just to make sure
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump ready to order
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtx

971 posts
Member since Sep 2011
bump to make sure i searched and have part number but its done write on this link i posted above for throttle speed
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock