Power Window Motors by animal
Started on: 10-17-2012 10:14 PM
Replies: 8 (636 views)
Last post by: snyderman on 07-15-2013 09:38 PM
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where do we get replacement motors for the power windows these days? Anyone have a line on motors that do the job quicker than the stock motors?

------------------

87 GT, Ramjet 350 SBC, 6-Spd
Melbourne, FL

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.oreillyauto.com/...d=power+window+motor

A slow window motor is usually due to the switch.

Rodney Dickman has a fix for slow motors: http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=21&products_id=271
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where do you physically locate Rodney's electric window helpers?
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked up a couple of PW motors from the Fiero Store during one of their sales. My windows are slow, but looking at the repair to replace them looks like a PITA. I don't like taking panels off (I always seem to break something along the way). One of these days, I'll try the slow window fix.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced my switches and still had slow windows. The driver's side more than the passenger. It got to the point that I'd have to help the window go up by pulling the glass as the switch was pushed. I lubed the tracks, still no good. I dreaded replacing the window, but forged on and picked up a motor at my local discount parts store.

I was really surprised that it was not all that difficult to replace. I drilled the factory rivets out, and replaced the with 1/4 bolts and nuts. There is a tutorial on the forum that made the job pretty simple.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i purchased new Dorman power window motors off of RockAuto. Around $20.00 each. I did a write up on doing mine.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/111836.html
Knight

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The question remains: Is there a faster motor for the fiero?
I aknowledge the ways to make the OEM style work faster, but is there a better and/or lighter motor?
snyderman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Colbi Plus universal window kit from A1 Electric. I added them to my 84 and they work great.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock