Cooling line mounts? by ultimoblaze
Started on: 10-08-2012 07:16 PM
Replies: 11 (277 views)
Last post by: ultimoblaze on 08-08-2014 09:55 PM
ultimoblaze

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ultimoblazeSend a Private Message to ultimoblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody have pictures or information of how the cooling pipes are mounted just forward of the driver's side rear wheel? I was looking under mine today and happened to touch that rubber pipe and was able to move the entire line running up to the engine. It looks like there is a bracket that should be attached somewhere.

86 SE V6

Thanks,
Ultimoblaze
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroPride1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPride1Send a Private Message to FieroPride1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try the Fiero Store part number 69875.
ultimoblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ultimoblazeSend a Private Message to ultimoblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hard lines under the car are secured, but right after those lines is a rubber line for maybe a foot, then another hard line. That section seems to be just sitting back there.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you're referring to the location where the metal crossover pipe mounts to the transmission. This is a Getrag, but they're all simliar.

FieroPride1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPride1Send a Private Message to FieroPride1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try the Fiero Store part number 69875.
ultimoblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ultimoblazeSend a Private Message to ultimoblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, so there should be a bolt to secure that hard line to the transmission? That is the pipe that I noticed was moveable. I have the 4 speed so it might be slightly different.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2012 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's right. All of them have a bracket welded onto the pipe that bolts to the transmission.
ultimoblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ultimoblazeSend a Private Message to ultimoblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took a look at this pipe while I was doing the mounts. It seems the hard cross pipe has been cut and has a rubber coupler on it now. Additionally, the bracket that is attached to the hard line felt like it was broken off. Is this the one I need for replacement? http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=52394A&d=80&p=1

The pipe right now is just resting on the front transmission mount while the car is sitting. It is free to move around quite a bit as it is, but I haven't seen any leaks in the coolant system at all as of yet (1600 miles since I bought the car). Is this something I should replace as soon as possible or do you think I can wait until spring?

ultimoblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ultimoblazeSend a Private Message to ultimoblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'll just do it right and get a new pipe. Does anybody know if there are instructions in one of the Fiero manuals for removing/installing this pipe with the engine in the car? Is that possible?
ultimoblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ultimoblazeSend a Private Message to ultimoblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I realize this is an old thread, but I got the replacement cooling pipe and it doesn't seem to line up to mount to anything but the top bracket. The bracket that is down near the transmission mount (V6 4speed) is close to one of the mount studs, but if I try to push it over to it, the pipe hits the exhaust up by the top bracket. I can't see a lot of detail in the image posted above and I don't know if that is a 5 speed or if there are any differences between the 5 and 4 speed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ultimoblaze

------------------
'86 SE 2M6 4MT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont know either, but it could be a difference in years? Where did you get the pipe?
PFF
System Bot
ultimoblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ultimoblazeSend a Private Message to ultimoblazeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered it from The Fiero Store so it should be right. Is there a slight difference between the automatic and the manual? Maybe I got sent the wrong pipe.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock