Started on: 06-12-2012 05:48 PM
Replies: 3 (1185 views)
Last post by: Indypacecars on 05-28-2014 11:16 AM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of stores now don't list a PCV valve for the 84 Fiero, but list one for the 86. I decided to upgrade mine to the 88 style, to make it simpler and easier to find the parts for in the future. It also cleans up the look of it quite nicely.

84 original layout:

88:

Parts:

2 X PCV valve elbows, HELP! part # 47038
1 ft length of 5/16" brake line
88 duke PCV valve, AC Delco part # 25095452

Simply put one elbow on the PCV port on the TBI, and the other on the valve. Cut one end off the brake line, slide the fittings off, and deburr the end. Stick the barbed end into the elbow with the PCV, and bend the line to fit down to the one on the TBI. Slide the end into the TBI-side elbow, and insert the PCV into the valve cover grommet, and it's done!

I think I'll take it back off and bend it a little more, and paint it black.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good idea, thanks for posting!
Indypacecars

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndypacecarsClick Here to visit Indypacecars's HomePageSend a Private Message to IndypacecarsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this an easier solution than using the parts listed for the '85? Because those seem to be available. In that case, the PCV would go in the same location and use the same hose, right? I did find that the PCV itself for the '85 is a different part number from the '84, probably to fit in the elbow.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock