Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 12)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93714 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hope everything is alright with your folks .have been following your thread since it started and have enjoyed it .with regards to learning about tuning , the HP tuners forum has all kinds of threads on setting up the different charts that run a modern computer controlled engine .it is a lot of free info , no matter what system you are using .
IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am back taking care of my Mom since he had some pains tonight and went back in the hospital and not sure if he will be back tonight
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much going on just working and taking care of My Mom and waiting for Dad to get well enough to come home from the hospital
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be back working on the harness this weekend as my Dad is back home but weak so we need to give him some help and i need to work on my 86 SE that i am driving but then back on this harness i figure a few days worth of work left on it

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-06-2013).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I am a bit confused as i have the Audi wiring schematics but i dont see where it is telling me what is a ground, signal or what if one of you can sheed a light this is the link http://www.corradov8.com/pi...204.2V8%20Wiring.pdf

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-12-2013).]

Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hints:

"Earth" = Ground (-)
"Positive (+)" = Positive (+) supply voltage ... careful, may be +12 volts or +5 volts

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 10-12-2013).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

ok I am a bit confused as i have the Audi wiring schematics but i dont see where it is teelong me is a wire is a ground, signal or what if one of you can sheed a light this is the link http://www.corradov8.com/pi...204.2V8%20Wiring.pdf

Really, it's not. The schematic is showing where the different wire colors are going. For example, on the first page:

Injector 1 (N30) pin 1 white wire (ws) ties to E25 (Connection (87a, right inlet valve), in Motronic wiring harness)
Pin 2 black/pink (sw/ro) ties to J220 (Motec control unit) pin E1.

Bob
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes it shows where they go on the ecu but what i need to know is on the throttle postion sensor what one is ground and wht 1 is signal and what 1 is the 5v referance as far as i can see it only shows what wires go to the tps but not what each one is but this could be i just dont understand it

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see your dilemma...

It looks like the wiper is pin 3. The rest would be a best guess for me...
blk/wht appears to be the positive line.
blk/brn appears to be the ground side.

But, that's just a logical guess...

Any chance to power it and see which is the reference signal?

Bob
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a track style wiring diagram. Do a google search on how to read track style wiring diagrams and you'll find it much easier. In short, all wiring colors are the same for all models in the same genre for their specific circuits. All grounds are brown and not black. You are missing a lot of needed info. When I wired up my VR6 and TDI Fieros, I had to get the power and ground charts, powertrain management, auto trans, and starting and charging to find all the needed wiring. Audi/VW normally doesn't have a pcm pinout chart.
Once you become familiar with this style, you will find them very easy to read and understand.

Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks bmwguru i knew i would get saved by one of you and thanks to every one who has helped

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow i final did a bit of work on the ignition i got all the coils paired up for wated spark 1&6 5&3 4&7 8&2 now i just need to solder them to spark out put's A,B,C&D

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-15-2013).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i got a chance today to do some more work on the harness so i did some splicing soldering of the igition out put now the coils should be set i allso did the MAT sensor i hope i dont get called in tomorrow on my day off so i can do more
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not to much left to solder what needs doing is Crank Postion Sensor,Temp Sensor,Knock Sensor & Idle Valve
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well if it is a decent day tomorow i will install the harness and finsh the soldering and maybe by the weekend i can start the engine
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your thread looked lonely, I'm still following!

------------------

My turbo build

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
went out and put the harness in the car today and hooked some of it up and did some untangling
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

Your thread looked lonely, I'm still following!

Me too!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harness is in the car now but it needs neatend up and i need to get a GM oil sender for it i allso need to do a second o2 for it and get the knock sensor parts
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a ? do you think the O2 would work in the center of a H pipe
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a ? do you think the O2 would work in the center of a H pipe

The O2 needs to be close to the engine so it gets hot enough and needs to have enough exhaust flow past it to read accurately. You'd be better off putting it in the manifold.
PFF
System Bot
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... do you think the O2 would work in the center of a H pipe

No. It needs to be as close to the exhaust manifolds as possible.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my other thought is to use this crossover pipe this would make it so i only need 1 O2 and it will be close enough to the manifolds pluse i will be using a heated O2

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dam it has turned cold out i had plenty of time but the funds are slow well i will have to wait for spring to get working on it agian
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a few pic's 1 of the Porsche shifter the other of the wiring that needs to be neatened up

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winter is already to long for me this sucks
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there Engine Man! You've come too far to let a little cold weather get you down! I keep watching your thread eagerly waiting for the video clip of the engine firing up for the first time.... I'm sure it will be glorious!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dam it now the 2000 Grand Am i am driving the ignition key wont turn in . Thanks for the support i need it now more than ever

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-26-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dam it now the 2000 Grand Am i am driving the ignition key wont turn in . Thanks for the support i need it now more than ever

Those F'ing things... I have an 03 and the ignition switches are pure crap. Your key won't even turn though?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my steering wheel is not locking and the key wont turn i am not sure what is up with that

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-28-2013).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well just sitting and watching it snow out thinking well i only have about 3 more months before i can start working on the car again and i should be able to have enough money to finish her up this spring so i can drive it and have some fun

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 12-29-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just got my W2 for taxes now i just need to do my taxes so i can take my return money and finish this install

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 01-14-2014).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i cant wait to get started back on the car just waiting for my tax return but th IRS doesnt even start accepting them before Jan 31
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a few things for the car

i also got nufflers but the pic is to big fo the image poster
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like i need to do some shovling to get the car out after a foot and a half of snow last night and another half a foot expected for tomorrow
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are times when it's best to just stay inside.

Joe

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well winter will be all over soon and i will be able to finish it up
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it is still freezing out but i have good news i might be opening a Garage in about three weeks i will do simple repairs at first
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wishing you the best of luck with the garage!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks we are meeting on thursday to work out the details and i should be open by march 31
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock