Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Heat shield for V6, anybody have pics with them on?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Heat shield for V6, anybody have pics with them on? by NetCam
Started on: 06-09-2012 09:51 PM
Replies: 10 (472 views)
Last post by: NW-Fiero on 04-01-2014 05:53 PM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed a couple of heat shields from my '85 GT and not sure if I remember how to put them back on. Does anybody have a picture of the engine with them on? I have recently had my tranny swapped from a 4 speed to a 5, so I'm not even 100% sure if they will both fit now. I think I'm having coil overheating problems because of the missing shield so I'd like to get them back on before I put my new coil and pigtails on. If somebody has a picture of a stock V6 with these shields installed, it would be appreciated!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can take a few shots for you tomorrow and post them.. Not to bad to put them on correctly. Do you need shots of the manifild heat shields also?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have those as well that would be great, you're right, best to make sure they're on right!

Thanks!
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if these will be detailed enough. It was dark out there til the flash went off

You seem to be missing the vertical one around the coil. You can see it in the third pic

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 06-09-2012).]

85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saved this after someone else posted it - hopefully they don't mind.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

2farnorth, I'm surprised to see you still have the pre-recall rubber elbow between the TB and air filter can.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 SE VIN 9:

I saved this after someone else posted it - hopefully they don't mind.

Nop, I don't mind at all..

And the is an 85GT motor (3.4) Since the left one mounts on the bell housing transmission does not matter.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 06-09-2012).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, that clears it up quite a bit. I didn't realize the longer piece sits over top of the manifold, which makes more sense and won't catch on the tranny like the way I tried it. I am missing the vertical piece that surrounds the coil, I'll have to see if I can locate one, don't want to toast another one of those.

Thanks for the help!
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

2farnorth, I'm surprised to see you still have the pre-recall rubber elbow between the TB and air filter can.

The car has never had any recalls done on it. It sat in a barn for most of the them. Only came out during haying seasons while they put new hay in the barn. I even have a spare snorkel system for it. lol,

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get the heat shield on, but there doesn't seem to be any support at the end closest to the firewall (circle) and the only support is the one bolt by the coil (arrow). Is there additional support from the tranny? I took it for a spin and didn't hear any rattling, but thinking it's just a matter of time before it does with one tiny screw supporting the entire section.

NW-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NW-FieroSend a Private Message to NW-FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a flange that extends down the back of the heat shield and is bolted to the Trans/Engine

------------------
Mark
In the Great Northwest!

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave