Havent really been keeping up much on my posting but finally got the parts car stripped excluding the harness inside the car and the cradle which is going out asap. Wiring harness and computer re write came back after a mishap and im finally getting close to putting my 3800 in. Needing tranny conversion parts as my tranny is a 5 speed getrag from a 95 beretta, and a clutch which is all being ordered within the next month.
Snow + cold weather is here which pretty much stops the project until the snow leaves due to not having a garage. Parts car is completely stripped and my 3800 will be going into my other 86 in the spring. Will be keeping you guys posted on purchases this winter.
Thanks...Colors turned out much better than I thought at 1st.
The plans have changed alot from what I was going to do, It started as a basic swap. But as my Dad always tells me "If you are going to do something you might as well do it the the way you what it the 1st time and do it right."
The motor and tranny are done in a smoke chrome and the blue is Translucent Blue over Reflective Chrome powder coat, that I did myself in the back yard.
[This message has been edited by race9887 (edited 08-06-2013).]
3.4" pulley, the large badge I am putting on the supercharger where the fuel rail was bolted. Not sure what the little one be used for yet. Post pictures as I install parts, if the weather here ever gets better.
Very impressed with the build. I really wanted to do something like this when I was your age, but it never worked out. Best I could do then was an 1985 Starion which I ran around in until the turbo started spewing oil into the intake. I was a broke teenager and couldn't afford a new or rebuilt turbo, so I parted the car out. In hindsight, I should have stuck with it. I look forward to seeing more progress.
Before u get to much farther...Turn ur motor over using the crank bolt to make sure u have no clutch to trans issues and it rotates freely. Just had an issue with Clutchnet sending the wrong PP causing issues.
Thanks guys, I'll check and make sure the motor rotates freely, sure hope no problems but alot easier to fix now than later.
The exhaust headers are pacesetter for the Grande Prix and I just bought stainless tubing and the Magnaflow X pipe muffler from summit and piecing it together. Once its gets test fitted I will weld it all up. The badges were a present from my parents for Christmas, they got from here http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054658.html
Yeah this alternator bracket works without A/C. We used the other parts that were cut to build a motor mount that bolts up to where the A/C compressor would bolt, hoping there will be no need for a dog bone. When the snow melts and I can get at the shed where to engine is stored I will post a picture.
Quick update. Took most of last year off, my Dad discovered he had a generic heart condition and had emergency open heart surgery so the projects got put on hold. Now that he is feeling better than ever we'll be going hard at it.