Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  87 4cyl auto w 23828 + original miles been sitting over 17 years (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
87 4cyl auto w 23828 + original miles been sitting over 17 years by weloveour86se
Started on: 09-20-2011 07:03 PM
Replies: 244 (7396 views)
Last post by: weloveour86se on 07-05-2015 04:14 PM
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by littlereddragon:

A note on the brake rotors. A local shop trued my rotors that the surface was so rough with rust it looked like 60 grit sandpaper . They are under the spec size i'm sure but for local driving they will be fine. Only cost 15 bucks Paid cash they didnt want to be responsible . I have been trying about the same thing as you to get this little car on the road with the least inventment for now. Good luck on your's
http://fieroproject.weebly....719/2181480_orig.jpg

Littledragon. Post up some pics of your car? Perhaps start a thread of your own?

Welcome to the sickness BTW. I'm sure poeple here would love to know more about your car and progress. I know I'm interested. Pics man pics. I can't stress enough how important pics are...

New dog bone should be here today!! Hopefully it will stop raining. I don't care either way! I'll work on it any day in the rain. How's the saying go, "A bad day of fishing is better then a good day of...." Send Momma and our 3yr old shoe shopping for the lil crumb cruncher! Sly dog I am, should buy me a couple of hours. lol

Come on mail lady!!

IP: Logged
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Yeaaa! Man our mail lady is the best.

Free fridge magnets too? Cool.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
I guess the hell this existing dogbone is toasty..It's not supposed to come apart is it?

Old, meet new.

I really would love to do something about that aircleaner cover assembly...strictly cosmetics though.

Maybe when momma gets home i'll run down grab some more gas and try idling and shifting. See if it's better. Hopefully shoot another vid. Raining cats and dogs off and on tho here....
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Another video. Sorry it's longish. I never know when to stop tape or start...I'm no Spielberg. New dogbone appears to have solved the problem. Test drive around the block is next. Had to put the trunk latch back together and bolt the battery down.

Skip to 2:30 in the vid. The first part is high idle and were just waiting for it to slow down...

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 04-23-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

weloveour86se

4289 posts
Member since Feb 2011
Short test run up the street and back. Definately need to have another look at the front rotors. Probably need to have them turned. Least it's just the fronts. Kinda nervous as this cars not registered or anything yet and local cops can be hardcore sometimes. Holy sensitive horn button! If you even brush them, wow. My 86 is missing these horn paddles and I'm not used to it. Anyway another quick video.

Edit. On the way back to the house it shifted gears nicely. I could barely feel it but it shifted! this was one of my concerns and still is. I need to change the tranny fluid out completely I think...

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 04-23-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyones still even interested. Yeah this is prolly OT. However i did mention earlier that we got some tool donations. I finally got around to going through them real good.
Check it out!!

Them there on the desk are Sears/Craftsman. If you look close a few of them are broken. Think Sears will give me a brand new set? They are suppose to aren't they? Lifetime warranty right? Get me a brand new set? Then since they are standards sell the set? Maybe I can pursuade the dude at the store to lemme take metrics instead? I dunno, but I think these wrenches new are NOT cheap! Score!
mike-ohio

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mike-ohioClick Here to visit mike-ohio's HomePageSend a Private Message to mike-ohioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87 duke also and thought about changing the transmission fluid but just siphoned out about 3 quarts and put 3 new quarts back in.

Just heard too many stories about transmissions not working at all after complete fluid changes.

Archived thread here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-6-065395.html

I have no idea if it’s true or not. I was just paranoid and didn’t do a complete fluid change.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mike-ohio:

I have an 87 duke also and thought about changing the transmission fluid but just siphoned out about 3 quarts and put 3 new quarts back in.

Just heard too many stories about transmissions not working at all after complete fluid changes.

Archived thread here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-6-065395.html

I have no idea if it’s true or not. I was just paranoid and didn’t do a complete fluid change.

True something about a tranny flush scares me, or a coolant flush, or any kinda flush. Well except the obvious. I'm really concerned now with how to deal with the tranny and its contents.

Any guidance towards this please? Any thoughts? Discussions? How best to deal with the tranny??

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I put my recently totaled 86 coupe together back in 05 I changed some of the fluid and the filter. I didn't flush it. Just drained what was in the pan. My trans had about 120k on it but had been sitting outside under a tarp for an undetermined length of time. The only real trouble I had from it after that was having to change the TCC solenoid (remember the monomount) and getting the throttle valve cable adjusted right. After that it ran and shifted very good though I must say that the ecm probably had a problem since the TCC would lock in at about 23 mph.

edit: I put somewhere around 50k more on it during the time I had it.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 04-26-2012).]

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:

When I put my recently totaled 86 coupe together back in 05 I changed some of the fluid and the filter. I didn't flush it. Just drained what was in the pan. My trans had about 120k on it but had been sitting outside under a tarp for an undetermined length of time. The only real trouble I had from it after that was having to change the TCC solenoid (remember the monomount) and getting the throttle valve cable adjusted right. After that it ran and shifted very good though I must say that the ecm probably had a problem since the TCC would lock in at about 23 mph.

edit: I put somewhere around 50k more on it during the time I had it.

Thanks 2Far. Lots to think about inside the tranny. Whats this about the TCC?? I'm thinking I might wanna learn somethings about it. How it functions. Can i test it? That kinda stuff.

Incedently 2Far here is where you could insert (i told you so).___________________________________. You were spot on about the rotors...Live and learn. However maybe it will come out of it with driving time??

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Thanks 2Far. Lots to think about inside the tranny. Whats this about the TCC?? I'm thinking I might wanna learn somethings about it. How it functions. Can i test it? That kinda stuff.

Incedently 2Far here is where you could insert (i told you so).___________________________________. You were spot on about the rotors...Live and learn. However maybe it will come out of it with driving time??

The TCC is the Torque Converter Clutch. It acts a little like a 4th gear. It provides direct drive verses hydraulic drive in certain cruise conditions. When engaged it will drop your cruise rpms about 200+/-. It only engages when the car is in 3rd gear and is supposed to disengage whenever you touch the brake pedal or when the load on the engine requires a down shift. Too test it you need to get up to a cruising speed above 35-40 mph (normally) and see if you get a faint shift that drops your rpms by about 200. You can then, while holding the throttle and speedometer steady, lightly touch the brake pedal and the rpms should jump back up by the same amount.

The solenoid normally will go bad when the TCC is engaged and the trans is warm. You'll know by coming to a red light or stop sign and the eng stumbles and dies like it's a stick shift stuck in gear with the clutch not pushed in. The temp fix is to pull the TCC plug located on the front side of the bell housing. This prevents the TCC from engaging. The permanent fix is to pull the side pan off the trans (under the monomount) and replacing the solenoid and the "3rd gear switch" (if available). Supporting the trans and getting that stinking monomount out of the way is way harder than putting the solenoid in. It's done mostly through the left wheel well once the mount is out of the way.

edit:---No "told you so's" . I'm still learning about Fieros too. It's part of the fun of it.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 04-26-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome 2Far TYVM for the help. I'm dying to take this car for a spin around the block. Cops been mad crazy around here what with the murder the other night.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/093053.html

Anyway was a very hectic day. Had to dig out the 81GS450e. Started right up, but needs lots of work. Bought it for $200 last summer. Traded it for another Fiero lol.

I'll post pics soon as Photobuckets back or maybe pnp?

Sorry OT. Hopefully Very soon we can take a real test drive in this 87. Thanks everyone for any and all advice...Wait till you see the new seats
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of you might think me bonkers or foolish or on a death wish but I'm considering a trade with this or something similar.

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/2927114399.html

Edit or this one...

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/2945818796.html

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 04-30-2012).]

MarkS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, but wouldn't something like this be more fitting for a gear head? The other has only 8 HP..sheesh.

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/2939399034.html

I haven't thought about a boat in awhile. Sounds like fun but as they say (who ever "they" are) the two happiest days of a boat owners life is the day he buys and the day he sells his boat. 8> )

Mark

------------------
86 SE V6 4 speed
86 SE V6 Auto
2008 G6 GT "Street" Coupe
2005 Buick 3.6 Rendezvous
2001 Olds Silhouette (AKA The Band Van)

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'They' also say:

"A boat is a hole in the water that you put your money in."

and.

"A boat or a wife, pick one."
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarkS:

OK, but wouldn't something like this be more fitting for a gear head? The other has only 8 HP..sheesh.

http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/2939399034.html

I haven't thought about a boat in awhile. Sounds like fun but as they say (who ever "they" are) the two happiest days of a boat owners life is the day he buys and the day he sells his boat. 8> )

Mark

Pshew. Man I'm glad you chimed in I was starting to think everyone thought maybe I was crazy.

Lol about the boat in the link. I was looking at that one but rather have the 8hp and sails. Think Bahamas, think Puerto Rico. A year or so aboard the Sailing Vessel Fiero??? Yeah now I really sound crazy right? Big azz Pennocks flag

weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah!! I'm so proud of our little bundle of joy! There she is in the center!

Theres some strange noises coming from the water pump area. I'm gonna say it's probably a rust water pump bearing. We still need to rebleed the brake system completely. The brakes are very soft. Perhaps go ahead and replace the rusted to hell rotors, I have a spare set on hand.

Also the headlights are struggling to go up with the front hood closed. With the hood open they work great.

All in all I'm very pleased with our outcome thus far! This is the very first time I ever tried anything even remotely close to this type of project. Between my band of misfits I'd say we did pretty good! We have honestly about $500 into it and remember the extremely low mileage and like new conditions!!

tucsonsean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tucsonseanSend a Private Message to tucsonseanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good on you, welove! But how about polishing those wheels a little; she deserves it after all these years of neglect.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tucsonsean:

Good on you, welove! But how about polishing those wheels a little; she deserves it after all these years of neglect.

Thats my black and red 86 2.8L notchie to the right of Momma's 87 2.5L. I'll let Momma do the polishing . You are right though.

This meet was the first time we have driven the car. The first time the car has been driven in ALOT of years...

I'm still grinning!
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see it is officially on the road. First gathering is so much fun with a "new" car. I'm sure the updates won't stop now that it is running though....a project never ends.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Cows ^^^ Momma's already got her honeydew list started... sigh.

Edit to add..BTW TYVM Cows for your help!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-30-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes sir!! Just went and registered her as an antique! No more dreaded safety inspections

We had to actually pay extra due to the low mileage of the car! Total with fees was $50!

Now I really really wanna drive her! Gotta bleed the brakes a tweek a few more things! Awesome.

Also spoke with the PO for a few minutes today. He will be in town for the end of summer car show here in Old Orchard Beach! He's very happy the car got a new life and can't wait to see it.

HAPPY!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! On Tuesday I called the PO for info for registration. He was very happy to hear about the car. On Thursday Momma texted me and said come to the resteraunt PO is here having dinner! Turns out after our phone call he decided to come up and see the car! I had a nice chat with him about the car!

Turns out his old boss bought the car in 1990 and parked it in his driveway and NEVER, not once drove the car! His boss had several cars that sat! This car was the last of them, the rest sold. This car really sat that long! Some dude with extra cake to sling around bought it just to have! TYVM nice rich fellow!

Well the boss died and because the cars were on PO's property they became his! Lucky for us! It's great to hear a back story to our beloved cars!!

Cool IMHO!
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2012 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of like genealogy for the car. We just ran across some interesting genealogy on the convertible thanx to fieroguru yesterday... //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/079675-3.html#p107 . I was just thinking how nice it would be to find a previous owner of it...but, it might not be safe to do so. If he told me he was the person that did the auto conversion wiring, I would be forced to strangle him.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump! She's not dead in the water yet!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So mandatory updates:

We are at a crossroads with this car. It has been dubbed, The Grey Ghost. lol TYVM Mark (IndyyellowGT). Well Momma just purchased a new to her 08 Impreza. Very nice car. Full bumper to bumper coverage, all the dealership perks. Basically no more worries about breakdowns or their costs.

We no longer have the means to work on the Grey Ghost. Not even a driveway. We have moved the car twice using AAA. It's not running right AT ALL. Chugs and sputters above 25mph or so. Idles great when parked just some thing is not right. I short sheeted the rebuild, I know this. I can accept my short comings here. I am by no means any sort of mechanic. I don't own the needed tools. I don't have the space. I don't have the patients. I don't have the know how. You can see where this is going I expect...

So, with all of this in mind, were sending the Grey Ghost off to rehab! Like Amy Whinehouse! Sorry Amy. Were shipping her off to Mark's, IndyyellowGT's house! Yup hopefully our local Fiero wiz can breathe new life into her! Yup I'm name dropping .

We been talking it up for awhile with Mark and this seems to be our best course at this time. I know some people might think this is cheating or selling myself short but there comes a time when we must accept the facts. I DO NOT have space, time, know how, experience, tools etc, needed to complete this task. Mark does. Simple. It's really the best option at this time.

Hopefully within the next few days we will be moving the car to his house and Mark and myself will be clinking a beer over it!

I hope you all understand our position and don't hold it against me! I'm just facing facts!
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All in favor?!? Aye!!!

The Ghost awaits coming back from the dead... The garage is open and ready!!!
Can't wait to get my hands dirty!!!!

Filling the beer fridge now!!!!
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

All in favor?!? Aye!!!

The Ghost awaits coming back from the dead... The garage is open and ready!!!
Can't wait to get my hands dirty!!!!

Filling the beer fridge now!!!!

It's really what is best for the Ghost. It'll be down your way soon. Hopefully this week. TY Mark.

Everyone else...you may fling poo at me now...

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fling poo? why? You have done a LOT more to save a Fiero than most of us have done. Congratulations.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

fling poo? why? You have done a LOT more to save a Fiero than most of us have done. Congratulations.

TY Gall! That and a quick spin I took in my 86 earlier makes me feel TONS better.

When we did have the Ghost up to speed and cruising it rode great. Our $$ investment thus far is negligible pretty much. A few more $$$ and we feel like we will have a car we can keep for another 25 years. Such low mileage on it. The fact that it is untampered. The expected MPGs. The low cost of insurance. Hell I'm sure we could fix it and sell it if we later decided. All things we have considered.

This car deserve to be saved. Not parted or crushed!!
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

A clean space awaits!! The ghost will be in good company!!

PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol @ ^^^^!

Soon, very soon. I'm thinking this Monday or Tuesday.
weloveour86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back on a AAA truck for another road trip.

Just got a text from Indyyellowgt AKA Mark. The Ghost has arrived.

Please double check that beer fridge Mark
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Gall...no poo to fling. I applaud you for doing what you need to do to save the car. Can I assume Mark will keep us up to date in this thread?
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Andrew and I are gonna have a fireside chat here with a couple of brews and discus the fate of this sad little car.
It is here at the fierofarm safe and sound.. It's a little nervous as a garage looms around it with the bones and souls of countless long dead fieros... But not to worry,this little coupe is going in the garage,undergoing a metamorphosis,and emerging as the glorious car it once was..

It is a low-mileage matching #s car with no rust. A perfect candidate for restoration.

I'll keep us all posted!!
nmw75

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nmw75Send a Private Message to nmw75Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark - That garage is way too empty!

------------------
86 GT
87 coupe restoration project.

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nmw75:

Mark - That garage is way too empty!

Lol I know it... My jeep is actually residing in there now.. it'll be mad at me for kicking it out,but its a jeep it can take a little weather!
I removed the plow from it officially.. this means winter IS OVER! NO DEBATING IT!! :P
IT'S FIERO TIME!!
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Lol I know it... My jeep is actually residing in there now.. it'll be mad at me for kicking it out,but its a jeep it can take a little weather!
I removed the plow from it officially.. this means winter IS OVER! NO DEBATING IT!! :P
IT'S FIERO TIME!!

It's not dead here , the white crap is comming down again. Not much only have about an inch sofar but will probably go in your direction.
winter never dies just waits for the Fieros to come out to play.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

I really would love to do something about that aircleaner cover assembly...strictly cosmetics though.

Easy beans, I've done 2 now. Remove it, remove parts from it that are not the metal, sandpaper it and lay on a few coats of black engine paint, I used rustoleum. Remember to do the nuts too.
I was able to gently peel off the tech4 decal and reuse it. But they can be bought as well, or taped off.
http://fierosails.com/decal.html

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-13-2013).]

TejasFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TejasFieroSend a Private Message to TejasFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are you guys getting Fiero convertibles? That's two in this thread. I thought those were really rare
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock