Engine to coolant pipe hoses by dsnover
Started on: 02-24-2011 10:04 AM
Replies: 10 (2684 views)
Last post by: thesarge on 03-12-2020 09:20 AM
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, noticed that I have a leak on the drivers side, and it looks to be the rubber host from the coolant pipe. Parts listings don't seem to include much in the way of a picture, so I'm wondering if anyone has AC Delco or DAYCO part numbers for the rubber hoses that go from the coolant pipes to the engine? If I have to drain the cooling system, I might as well do both sides.....

Thanks,

Darryl

87 GT Auto
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
V6 uses 5 main hoses...
front upper
front lower
engine upper
engine lower
and 6V has an extra hose between pipes.

Do all 5 hoses, Check heater hoses and replace them, and be done with it.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

dsnover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

V6 uses 5 main hoses...
front upper
front lower
engine upper
engine lower
and 6V has an extra hose between pipes.

Do all 5 hoses, Check heater hoses and replace them, and be done with it.

Wise words. And the hoses are generally cheap, so yes. However, would like to make sure that I get all the right ones, and not duplicate order one of them. Looking at the RockAuto listings, and it's not clear which are the ones for the coolant pipe at the engine.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lower - Pipe to Rad.
Lower - Pipe to Eng.
Upper - Pipe To Engine
Upper - Pipe To Pipe
Upper - Pipe to Rad.

Get molded if possible

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

dsnover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lower - Pipe to Rad.
Lower - Pipe to Eng.
Upper - Pipe To Engine
Upper - Pipe To Pipe
Upper - Pipe to Rad.

Get molded if possible

+ for you....
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The two hoses that go from the coolant pipes to the engine are no longer available.. So you'll have to try to find one for another car that will work.. I just replaced mine last weekend, and found a perfect replacement hose.. Its made for a honda (eh, go figure, lol.) and its a Dayco.

I got it at Advanced Auto.. Part # (E)72003 ..

Heres a link so you can see the hose. coolant hose
It has the exact same shape as the fiero hoses, only they are few inches longer on each end.. You just trim them down to the right length and your good to go...

Good luck getting that hose attached to your water pump though.. The part where the hose connects to the waterpump is for a 1 1/4" hose, buts the exact same outside diameter as the hose.. Plus the lip that your suppost to put the clamp above when the hose is on is right at the bottom, so the fitting on the water pump is actually about 1/10th of an inch wider than the hose for it..

Basically your gonna have to heat that hose up real hot, and stretch it as much as you can, then try to force it on the pump before it shrinks back down.. Good luck!

Advanced did have the other 3 hoses in stock though.. So i guess those are still common.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 02-24-2011).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jonesy, see rockauto.com .... all hoses are listed and in stock from makers:
Dayco
Gates
Goodyear
ACdelco
dsnover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jonesy, see rockauto.com .... all hoses are listed and in stock from makers:
Dayco
Gates
Goodyear
ACdelco

Near as I can tell, everything I ordered (as per Ogre) was molded. They do have 'flexible' ones too, though, which I avoided.
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2012 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coolant hoses in the Fierostore package:

85-88 V6 REAR UPPER OUTLET COOLANT HOSE (ENG TO PIPE)

Part #52350 Gates 20137

85-87 V6 REAR LOWER INLET COOLANT HOSE (ENG TO PIPE

Part #52360 Gates 21594

84-87 FRONT LOWER INLET COOLANT HOSE (PIPE TO RADIATOR)

Part #52328 Gates 20940

84-87 FRONT UPPER OUTLET COOLANT HOSE (PIPE TO RADIATOR)

Part #52320 Gates 21439

85-88 V6 INLET INTERMEDIATE COOLANT HOSE

Part #52351 No label. It's the one with a mesh sleeve.

85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know an easy source for a piece of straight radiator hose to connect the two driver's side coolant tubes near the rear wheel? The racing sites seem to have them, but with shipping they end up being nearly thirty bucks for one foot. The stores don't seem to carry straight radiator hose.
thesarge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2020 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesargeSend a Private Message to thesargeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this topic is old, but I only recently discovered it after my mishap. I recently replaced the water pump on my 1986 V6 SE and I could not find a new hose that attaches to the water pump. So, I decided to use the same one. After a few weeks of no problems, the stupid hose decided to slip off the water pump and caused tons of embarrassing smoke and lots of coolant to spray my newly cleaned engine. So now I will make an attempt to replace the hose. I am following the comment made by Jonesy above and did a local search for hoses that fit the Honda Odyssey.

I am in Mexico and I couldn't get the Dayco hose, but I found someone selling a generic Asian made hose, made by Continental, part # MA-66152. The cost was just under $10 usd, delivered. The dimensions appear to be the same as the Dayco. We shall see what I get when it arrived. I am crossing my fingers and will post when the hose is installed.

Thank you for your info

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock