aftermarket tach install wiring help by dmcgreene
Started on: 01-21-2011 11:03 AM
Replies: 7 (715 views)
Last post by: tdale on 07-20-2015 12:10 PM
dmcgreene

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so i need sum help installing my tach i got 4 wires to hool up and tha tach will be ontop of my gauge cluster or beside it.. so i need to tap into the wires around there.. so i need to know thew location of: tach feed.. which i know is white and im thinkin itll be near the stock tach... switched power... ground- thats easy... and what ever lwire has power when the parking lights come on..

[This message has been edited by dmcgreene (edited 01-21-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dmcgreene

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im in my car wiht my laptop and after lookn at the ogres cave, would the wire for the lights go two the brown on the headlight switch?
dmcgreene

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dmcgreene

843 posts
Member since Jun 2010
okay so far i have the tach feed wired in.. pin 18 i believe (white wire behind tach).. and i researched and the wire for the lights is spliced in to the brown wire on the dimmer... and now i just gotta do ground and switched power,, i read on here that all pink wires are switched power.. is that true?

[This message has been edited by dmcgreene (edited 01-21-2011).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All the wires you need are on C3- No not all PINK wires are switched power - Yes the Pink Black on pin 5 or pin 9 of C3 are switched power.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 01-21-2011).]

dmcgreene

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, i tapped into the pink with black.. and my new tach reads a lil lower than the stock
dmcgreene

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dmcgreene

843 posts
Member since Jun 2010
i te drove it.. it reads 1050 at idle.. stock is 1100.. but goin down the road the new one is 200 rpms lower than stock
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:
All the wires you need are on C3- No not all PINK wires are switched power - Yes the Pink Black on pin 5 or pin 9 of C3 are switched power.

You already had a plus from me, so I can't give you a 2nd, but Thank You. I am installing an aftermarket tach in my 88GT and you just made my life a TON easier.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

tdale

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tdaleSend a Private Message to tdaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever figure out why it was 200 rpms lower?

Thanks,

Tom

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock