Firebird BCM working! by fieroluke
Started on: 09-09-2010 10:51 AM
Replies: 91 (8038 views)
Last post by: Lunatic on 10-09-2016 01:18 PM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Current doing this upgrade, didn't want the topic to disappear.
IP: Logged
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cajun

1554 posts
Member since Dec 2003
Current doing this upgrade, didn't want the topic to disappear.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guess I'm gonna need a need a little assistance here?

Just complete the BCM upgrade as outlined by Fieroluke. First of, great write up, good details and schematics included. My issues. I cannot get the BCM to go into program mode as outlined in the 2002 Firebird owners manual. I know my remote door lock motors work as I can operate both sides by pressing the appropriate buttons on each door. Secondly, when I press the driver side door lock with the ignition on the chime goes off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the BCM would not shut down the courtesy lights but did the radio. No biggie for me as my real reason/motive for the upgrade was to remote door lock operation and alarm chime.

Oh, one other item; the various test in the upgrade documentation did pass.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cajun

1554 posts
Member since Dec 2003
Update:
I have now gotten the courtesy and overhead lights to function properly via BCM operation. That's tha good news! I am still having getting the system to go into program mode.

Some how I did manage to get the alarm (horn) to go off after I powered the system up then opened the driver door. To clear the alarm I had to remove power for about 2 minutes.

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cajun

1554 posts
Member since Dec 2003
Oliver,

In your BCM installation documentation you indicated that the 'tan' wire on the driver door jam switch is to be grounded. Could you explain?

Thanks
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An update on my 2002 Firebird BCM install:

I was finally get all the issues with my BCM install resolved! Now I'm a happy camper. Again thanks to Oliver for making this install possible. As Oliver had stated in his write up concerning the need to obtain the Service manual for your specific vehicle and a Service Manual from the BCM donor vehicle, those two items are imperative to ensure a successful install.

I was able to obtain a digital copy of a Service Manual for a 2002 Firebird. Most if not all the information relating to the BCM is identical to a 2002 Firebird. With this install I went ahead and installed a starter and fuel pump disable. I did not install the newer style ignition lockset to read the resistor pellet but rather installed a 2-pin miniature plug. The male end of this miniature plug holds the correct resistor the BCM needs to see to allow the starting of the vehicle.

I recommend this update installation. A word of caution, if you attempt this by all means be patient and take your time!!

fieroluke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2015 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you got it to work!
Sorry I didn't chime in sooner, but I hadn't logged into fiero.nl in months...
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the BCM installed but it's throwing codes. How do I delete the history codes?

Thanks
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the 2002 Firebird Service Manual has a troubleshooting section for the BCM?

What codes is your BCM throwing?

[This message has been edited by Cajun (edited 04-27-2016).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

I believe the 2002 Firebird Service Manual has a troubleshooting section for the BCM?

What codes is your BCM throwing?

I don't have the FSM
The codes I'm getting are 25, 33, 35, the configuration 55, 26, 33
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,

I'm sorry to say that I cannot locate my copy of the 2002 FSM! I have or had a digital copy. I do however have a hard copy of the section pertaining to the BCM.

DTC 25/35 is for Security Indicator status

DTC 23/33 is for RAP feed shorted to ground or battery

DTC 55 is for Begin Configuration Display.

Clearing BCM DTC codes:

Current DTC's (21 -25) remain stored by the body control module (BCM) and are displayed in the diagnostic mode as long as the BCM detects the fault. Once the fault is corrected, the current DTC's are cleared by the BCM.

To clear history DTC's (31 - 35) press and hold the door unlock switch for four seconds while the BCM is in the diagnostic mode. The BCM will sound three audible warning tones to confirm the DTCs are cleared.

PFF
System Bot
Lunatic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2016 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this thread is aimed at installing the 98-02 F-body BCM into the Fiero. However, I've successfully installed a 2003 Cavalier BCM into my Fiero. I've swapped in the L61 Ecotec and matching 22682857 BCM into my car and it works. The only circuit that I was interested in was the interior lighting control though. This circuit works as intended and I just wanted to let others know.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock