Firebird BCM working! by fieroluke
Started on: 09-09-2010 10:51 AM
Replies: 91 (8038 views)
Last post by: Lunatic on 10-09-2016 01:18 PM
fieroluke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, DashScan only works with the stock ECM.

But I have a 7730 on my stack of things to do, prolly this summer. Then my DashScan will be obsolete, and I'll have to engineer some replacement. Of course I'll post on Pennocks when I'm done.

Best regards

Oliver
IP: Logged
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroluke:

No, DashScan only works with the stock ECM.

But I have a 7730 on my stack of things to do, prolly this summer. Then my DashScan will be obsolete, and I'll have to engineer some replacement. Of course I'll post on Pennocks when I'm done.

Best regards
Oliver

That would be great. I was able to plug in my laptop using a cable from ALDLcable.com, TunerPro RT software and downloaded a generic .ads file for the '7730 ECM and was able to pop up a window displaying my live TPS voltage so it probably shouldn't take you too long to get that figured out. I think with the '7730, you send a request then receive the reply vs. the constant stream offered by the stock Fiero ECM that was meant for the RALLY display.

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 02-24-2011).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-01-2016).]

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the 7730 data stream, but DashScan is not capable of decoding it - the DS CPU only has a single UART, which is already used for the display unit. A second UART (serial port) would b required to interface to the 7730 data stream. This is why I had added the coprocessor for mileage decoding - but it is too slow for the 7730.

No matter how you look at it, DS is not up for the job, which is why I am working on an alternative. It's a completely different approach, I already have a set of circuit boards for the prototype (there will be three boards: supply, CPU and display). The boards are sandwiched, and I'm in the process of populating the boards section by section. Maybe I'll find some time tonight to put the display on the board (which is a bit risky, if anything goes wrong, I'll fry the $50 display). Wish me luck!

------------------
Visit my website: www.fieros.de for lots of technical and other Fiero related information
Maroon 87 GT daily driver with Firebird Body Control Module, Power Window Controllers and Dash mounted Scantool/Trip Computer

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroluke

357 posts
Member since Mar 2001
Some additional info on the fobs: I bought new ones on eBay for $35 each from Midwest keyless. Fast delivery. The Firebird fobs seem to come with pictograms for locks, horn and trunk, while the Camaro fobs show the words "lock", "unlock" and "rear 2x". Horn is still a pictogram. Buying a pair of each is handy if you have two Fieros with the BCM upgrade - easy to tell the remotes apart.

As for programming: Ignition off, then remove the radio fuse. Turn ignition on three times within 5 seconds.If the BCM unlocks the doors, you are in programming mode. Now press and hold both lock and unlock buttons on the remote for 15 seconds. The BCM will lock and then unlock the doors if the remote ha been learned. Repeat this for up to four transmitters total. Finally turn off ignition and reinstall radio fuse: that's all!

------------------
Visit my website: www.fieros.de for lots of technical and other Fiero related information
Maroon 87 GT daily driver with Firebird Body Control Module, Power Window Controllers and Dash mounted Scantool/Trip Computer

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another update on my Firebird BCM upgrade:

I just finished the upgrade on another car, and this time I also wired up the shock sensor - feeding the required wires through the bulkhead connector's unused terminals. This resulted in a completely stock look. Check out the picture at www.fieros.de/en/articles/BCM.html

Also, I found out what the undocumented pin does on the green connector: it's an antenna input! With this knowledge I was able to significantly extend the range of the remote receiver with a simple piece of wire!

TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. I just purchased a module on ebay. I'll need several other tools and parts, and most importantly I need to recruit my electronics guru friend to lend a hand. I have a few questions (I'm an electronics idiot).

Is there any difference between the UPL and KUB coded modules?

What exactly does the term, "isolate" mean as used in these directions? I see it used often as, isolate the splice.

Am I correct to assume that the trunk release button on the dash will no longer work after the modifications listed under the Trunk Release section? Is there a way to make it functional as well as the BCM trunk release functions?

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there,

I've done the mod three times so far, always using the UPL coded modules, which work. The other codes I list in the article are described as I researched them to the best of my knowledge.

Isolate means putting something like tape around the conductive (metal) parts. But if you don't know that, you should really get someone to help you with this upgrade.

The trunk release button will work just like it did before, you won't lose any functionality! On the contrary, you'll be able to unlock the trunk using a remote key fob.

One final note: please don't use the old copy of my article that was copied into another thread, because I keep improving the article constantly each time I do the upgrade or get additional information. Please use the up to date version on my website!

------------------

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work! From what I have read, The BCM will not work with any other ECM other than the stock Fieros? I have a 3800 with the OBD2 ECM.

Steve
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

no, the Firebird/Camaro BCM will work with ALL ECMs/PCMs, stock or non-stock, L4, V6, V8 or even Fred Flintstone propulsion Fieros (hole in floorpan)!

The BCM does not use any feature of the Fiero ECM at all, they are not even connected.

On the contrary, if you do swap in a newer PCM that requires a VATS (Passkey) signal, the BCM generates that signal for you. I have not tried that though, but if you use a non-Fiero ECM/PCM from 98-02, they should be compatible.

------------------

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi there,

I've done the mod three times so far, always using the UPL coded modules, which work. The other codes I list in the article are described as I researched them to the best of my knowledge.

Isolate means putting something like tape around the conductive (metal) parts. But if you don't know that, you should really get someone to help you with this upgrade.

The trunk release button will work just like it did before, you won't lose any functionality! On the contrary, you'll be able to unlock the trunk using a remote key fob.

One final note: please don't use the old copy of my article that was copied into another thread, because I keep improving the article constantly each time I do the upgrade or get additional information. Please use the up to date version on my website!

Ha ha, I'm not THAT much of a dummy. lol. I assumed that is what was meant by isolate, but the phrase was used so much, and isolating it from other wires and metal seems so obvious, I thought maybe in this context it meant something more.

I'm using the article straight from your website, please don't take all that useful information down. On that note, I'm looking forward to more information on swapping the ignition cylinder to the VATS system.

Where did you get a hold of the F-body factory service manual? From your instructions it looks like I will need one and I've seen the CD's on ebay, is that good enough?
PFF
System Bot
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just emphasized the Isolation bits around the fuse box because it's obviously very important. I was just trying to be thorough... ;-)

If you run into a question, don't hesitate to email me (I rarely check PM's) And don't worry, I won't take the info down...

The Vats ignition lock - well, the 89 Camaro column supposedly had the VATS lock cylinder but no airbag yet, so the lock housing should interchange with the Fiero column... I haven't found a proper column in a yard yet though...

And if everything works, I'd appreciate a + ;-)

Oh, and the CD from eBay should be fine if it contains all schematics.
------------------

[This message has been edited by fieroluke (edited 08-18-2011).]

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RWDPLZ or Yellow88GT, Have you tried this yet or anyone else? Might try the yard tomorrow and see if they have one of these since my dash is already out.

Steve
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JumpStart

1412 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Bump...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not yet, still trying to find a new frame.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you find the shock sensor and on what type/year of vehicle? I am assuming that the Firebirds and Cameros would keep them in the same place.
If I get enough info, I will make a run tommorow to the yard.
Thanks, Steve
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a 98 Camaro. The shock sensor was laying on the ground next to the car, so it was real easy to find
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

It was a 98 Camaro. The shock sensor was laying on the ground next to the car, so it was real easy to find

Thanks for the info. Im sure I will not be as lucky with the shock sensor. lol

Steve
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shock sensor on the Firebird is on the wheel well, rear spare tire area. But I found my shock sensor on eBay ;-)
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

That would be great. I was able to plug in my laptop using a cable from ALDLcable.com, TunerPro RT software and downloaded a generic .ads file for the '7730 ECM and was able to pop up a window displaying my live TPS voltage so it probably shouldn't take you too long to get that figured out. I think with the '7730, you send a request then receive the reply vs. the constant stream offered by the stock Fiero ECM that was meant for the RALLY display.

Well, I've finally put in the 7730 last weekend, basically rendering my DashScan useless. So now I have to start working on a solution... ;-)
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I've finally put in the 7730 last weekend, basically rendering my DashScan useless. So now I have to start working on a solution... ;-)

Awesome!

I look forward to seeing your work!
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats the word on the 10268461 shock sensor? also, what is the potentiometer knob coming out the side of this?
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most likely to set the sensitivity of the sensor... you don't want a strong gust of wind to set it off.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2012 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But I gotta test the train horns one way or another

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 01-05-2012).]

mcgavin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcgavinClick Here to visit mcgavin's HomePageSend a Private Message to mcgavinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone want to buy a BCM and 2 remotes for the F-Body:

BCM pn: 09353691
Remote pn: 16245100-29
I bought them both off of EBAY wanting to test them out, but didn't get around to it. Price is $90 shipped anywhere in the US. First email to mcgavinz26@gmail.com gets it. I bought these and have not tested them, but I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong. Ebay seller stated they were in good working order and had good reviews.

And to mix up the conversation even more, I did put a BCM in my Fiero, but it was from a 2000 Blazer.
Wiring diagram: http://s16.photobucket.com/...=FieroBCMharness.jpg

Pros:
This does not require taking apart the dash to install.
If you unplug the BCM, your power locks, horn, and lights still function as normal.
I found a way to wire it so that most (all but 5 wires) of the wiring gets plugged into the car's harness, not spliced. This makes installation easier.

Cons:
No flashing alarm light, but the alarm still works. Adding a flashing LED is pretty easy, doesn't need to be part of the BCM.
No shock sensor.
Not all of the BCM's of this generation have the alarm function, which was my main reason for doing the install, but I didn't find this out until later.
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am gathering all the parts together to tackle this and here is what I have:
F-body BCM
Three connectors with 6-12 inches of wire
F-body shock sensor
Two new key fobs
Extra wire (F-body dash & interior harness)
F-body factory service manual
P-body factory service manual

I need the pins and the tool for removing the pins. I re-read the website and am confused. What part numbers are for the correct sizes of pins and how many are needed of each? I will get extras anyway, but do I need 5 or 20? Anybody know the best place in the US to order the pins and the tool for releasing them?
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
edit: accidental double post via smart phone.

[This message has been edited by TG oreiF 8891 (edited 10-25-2012).]

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can still get most pins at www.pcsconnectors.com. Ballenger Motorsports has the removal tools: www.bmotorsports.com.
Hope this helps...
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it is an old thread, but I recently started this upgrade. I skipped the rear hatch wiring because I was a bit confused. Why all the wiring at the switch? Since we already have a rear trunk relay, I wondered why we don't just tap into the relay signal side and run that to the correct terminal of the BCM? I did not do that because I figured there was a reason Fieroluke didn't do it that way, so I just didn't wire in the rear hatch release. Any information on why you did what you did for that part would be appreciated.

I'll be doing the tests tonight, so we'll see what happens... cross your fingers for me!
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

I skipped the rear hatch wiring because I was a bit confused. Why all the wiring at the switch? Since we already have a rear trunk relay, I wondered why we don't just tap into the relay signal side and run that to the correct terminal of the BCM? I did not do that because I figured there was a reason Fieroluke didn't do it that way, so I just didn't wire in the rear hatch release. Any information on why you did what you did for that part would be appreciated.

I'll be doing the tests tonight, so we'll see what happens... cross your fingers for me!

Well, the Fiero trunk relay can't be used with the BCM upgrade because it's only a 3-pin relay like the horn relay. On the FIero all solenoid power goes through the trunk release switch. The relais is only for disabling the trunk solenoid if the e-brake is not pulled or the transmission is not in PN.
The BCM can't drive the trunk solenoid directly, but it only has enough power to drive a relay. Since the 3-pin relay is not compatible with the BCM in this circuit, a 4-pin relay must be used with the BCM (if you want to be able to remotely pop the trunk that is). You could wire the 4-pin relays working contacts in parallel with the trunk switch, but then you'd end up with 2 relays where 1 would suffice. That's why I went with the schematics as they were on the f-body.
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. I'll use that information and study the instructions again. I hesitate to perform these changes unless I at least have a rudimentary understanding of what is being changed.

I performed all the tests and put the dash back in and things appear to be in order. I haven't found the correct resistor yet, so that may be the cause of the few minor issues I've had. When I get that sorted out, we will see if any problems remain. I can't seem to program the remotes yet. I assume I need to fix the VATS resistor first, but I'll know for certain soon enough.
PFF
System Bot
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the VATS...
If Murphy is right, it will be the last possible value, no matter which order you try them in ;-)

[This message has been edited by fieroluke (edited 06-26-2013).]

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did the test go?
TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How did the test go?

Well... the short version is: don't drive the car until you get the correct vats resistor in place.

The long version is that I put it all together with the wrong resistor in late Tuesday. So I drove it to work Wednesday. In my parking garage I was admiring all the new features (rap) when I set off the alarm. So I put the key in & turned to run. Then it occurred to me: without the right resistor, my keys wont turn off the alarm. So... I had to pull the horn relay to stop the alarm. FYI: I don't think you can do anything with the module (program remotes, check BCM codes, etc) until you get the correct relay in place.

After work I couldn't get the alarm to stay off. So I left the horn relay out and set about to find the correct resistor.

Good luck with the VATS...
If Murphy is right, it will be the last possible value, no matter which order you try them in ;-)

Oh the irony...

With the peace & quiet I was able to follow the procedure and try to find the correct resistor.  After the first 10 failed, I began to think I was doing the procedure wrong.  After 12 I was distraught, assumed I was doing it wrong and was beginning to think about going to the 30th Fiero show without the Fiero.  When the 14th resistor failed, I assumed something was broken and I was screwed.  But, I figured I'd come this far I might as well check the last resistor anyway.  So I waited the 3 minutes, put in the last resistor and I couldn't believe it, it worked!  What are the odds?!?!

So after that all the troubles from Wednesday went away, I put the horn relay back in and no alarm sounded.  I was able to program the two remotes and everything seems to work correctly now.
fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Murphy's law in action... ;-)
Glad you got it working though!
Spalding1028

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity (as I'm about to do this upgrade) will this retain the parking brake warning chime? I'm putting this in an 87 gt 5 speed with a 3.8sc
Spalding1028

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2015 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bringing an old thread back to life here. I just finished up my 98 camaro bcm install into my 87 gt tonight and I've been doing a bit more digging and found This on a separate forum, detailing the programming mode for these BCMs (I'm going to try it out myself tomorrow to see what I can do to mess around with it)
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not understanding the testing procedure on this write up. But I'm sure it's a simple procedure.

Before hooking up the BCM, I ran a couple of tests which I list here in case you too want to test your work before connecting everything.

The first part of the tests should be performed with the battery disconnected. Use an Ohmmeter to verify these terminals are grounded (a continuity tester works too) at all times, or grounded when the given condition is true:

C1 (green) C: lock switch driver and passenger door pressed (test both sides)
C1 (green) D: unlock switch driver and passenger door pressed (test both sides)
C2 (black) A: Main ground
C3 (blue) C1: Signal ground
C3 (blue) C7: IP dimmer switch: interior lamps on
C3 (blue) C13: Seat belt unlatched
C3 (blue) C14: Driver door open AND key in ignition
C3 (blue) D3: Trunk release switch pressed
C3 (blue) D11: Driver door open
C3 (blue) D12: Passenger door open

Also verify D2, D13 and D14 are not grounded! If you have the Passkey system hooked up, verify the resistance between C2 and D7 reads correctly on the Ohmmeter.

The connectors on the BCM are named J1 (green), J2 (black) and J3 (blue). So in the quote it says:

C1 (green) C: lock switch driver and passenger door pressed (test both sides)
C1 (green) D: unlock switch driver and passenger door pressed (test both sides)

What terminals is this quote referring to? C1 on the J3 (blue) connector? Tested to what? The J1 (green) connector to the C terminal? What are the "both sides" to test? Door locks circuits? Thanks in advance for any advice.

[This message has been edited by mental floss (edited 01-04-2015).]

TG oreiF 8891

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2015 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spalding1028:

Just out of curiosity (as I'm about to do this upgrade) will this retain the parking brake warning chime? I'm putting this in an 87 gt 5 speed with a 3.8sc

Sorry, car is in storage for winter. I actually can't recall.
Spalding1028

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TG oreiF 8891:

Sorry, car is in storage for winter. I actually can't recall.

I installed mine and it does NOT retain it. I'm going to reinstall my blue dingy thingy and modify the pins coming into it so I have that warning chime again
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock