Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Longitudinal BMW V12 in a Stock Fiero Engine Compartment - 25th Anniversary Countach (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Longitudinal BMW V12 in a Stock Fiero Engine Compartment - 25th Anniversary Countach by 88lambo
Started on: 04-11-2010 01:54 AM
Replies: 312 (59910 views)
Last post by: Will on 09-03-2021 03:12 PM
88lambo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2019 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes still working on it. Finishing up engine wiring. Hoping to fire it up soon.
Trying to figure how post photos again. I haven’t accessed Photobucket is long time. I don’t think it’s free anymore
IP: Logged
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better off using PIP if you can. (Button at bottom of screen to install the program... then just follow directions. )

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2019 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Better off using PIP...

...if running a Windows PC. Max image width - 1024 pixels. Max file size - 300 kb.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2019 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pleease stop using pootbucket. The images are just blurred for the viewer anyway, so many people never see anything of value. Use the PIP mechanism associated with Pennocks. It's faster anyway. Just have to do it the first time.
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine wired up. Did ground test have no ground issues.
Added oil, will add coolant, brake fluid and fuel next few days. Hoping to roll out of garage and try starting it next weekend. Hope we have nice weather here in great white north.
Will update photos soon.

[This message has been edited by 88lambo (edited 12-03-2019).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is damn purdy!
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2019 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ver-nice.
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brake fluid added and bled
Coolant added
Today will add Diff fluid
Saturday roll it out of garage add fuel a fire it up.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2019 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I have never witnessed a human baby being born, I feel that listening to an engine start for the first time would be as exciting as listening to a baby take its first breaths.

I expect that if I ever witness the former, I may no longer rank the two events as "comparable".

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 12-05-2019).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Since I have never witnessed a human baby being born, I feel that listening to an engine start for the first time would be as exciting as listening to a baby take its first breaths.

I expect that if I ever witness the former, I may no longer rank the two events as "comparable".

I've done the former twice and the latter dozens of times (... or was it the other way around?!? 🤔) It's hard to compare the two, but they are both definitely thrilling!

88lambo, let me know if you need moral support when you start it, I'm in the area and always available.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No comparison between the two events if you are the parent.
Cars come and go, children last a lifetime....yours or theirs.

Hopefully yours, I would hate to lose a child......although there have been times I might have sold one or two...
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2019 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18007 posts
Member since May 2004
I must say though, that my kids may not have been as pretty as the engine in this car....
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2019 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven’t started it yet. I have developed a ground leak and am trying to figure it out.
I have pulled every fuse and found nothing.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2019 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I must say though, that my kids may not have been as pretty as the engine in this car....

88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2019 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fired up the car tonight.
Didn’t go as well as I hoped. Oil pressure didn’t build. But found fitting that wasn’t sealing.
Seemed to be miss firing, will have to check firing order and sensors again.
On ran it for couple minutes but One side of engine was hotter then other????
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2019 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One coil Is dead this why was not running well. Its not firing on 2 cylinders. have ordered new coil.
Compression is 150psi across all 12 cylinders
Low oil flow. Will drop pan and check out pump.
Common problem with this oil pump is mounting bolts come loose and loses oil pressure.
I did find a new pump on eBay in Australia, I bought this as back up plan.
More to follow

[This message has been edited by 88lambo (edited 12-27-2019).]

88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2020 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates

Pressure relief valve on oil pump was seized open. I rebuilt pump and installed it.
I cranked engine without spark plugs and have 4 Bar / 60 psi.

Waiting for next nice day to get car out and start it.
Yesterday we got 8” snow, today -21C, tomorrow another 8-12” snow.
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2020 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First start up

[This message has been edited by 88lambo (edited 01-27-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
👍🏼👍🏼
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2020 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambo:

First start up

C'mon! No video? No Audio? And what could you have edited in a 3 word post?
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry got locked out of YouTube account.
First start video.
Fix issues I found. Hoping to start again soon.

https://youtu.be/PzPVBzYuka0

[This message has been edited by 88lambo (edited 02-06-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2020 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good congrats!

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oil pressure issues fixed
Misfire issues fixed

Sorry for wind noises was really windy today.

https://youtu.be/gmbgH7ZV4Ao

https://youtu.be/PBuYw9L401s
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that 2nd video cleared up the underwhelming experience of the other two videos. That sounds like a more exotic engine with revs. Well done.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That does sound really good.
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2020 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Frenchrafe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10+ years on this build!
I don't know how you keep going on a project like this? Good job!
I watched your last video and that motor sounds very nice.

Another 10 years to finish the bodywork? No, sorry I'm kidding!

Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Rafe

------------------
'87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. Sticky tyres. Driven hard!

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I admire your perseverance and the nice job that you did. Assume that you used an aftermarket ECM to run it. Years back I saw the same engine install at Carlisle and IIRC it was in a Lambo Galardo style body. The car started and according to the owner it ran well.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2020 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get insured on it now. It's at that stage where things can happen.
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2020 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a custom engine management system.
It’s uses all GM sensors, coils and throttle bodies a and 2 GM computers.
I lucked out and got the last one in 2010. The guy who made system is retired for a few years now.
I want to take the car to a parking lot to test the transmission. Easier to work on engine and transmission without body. Then will start body work.
88lambo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2021 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lamboSend a Private Message to 88lamboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still working at car…

[This message has been edited by 88lambo (edited 09-02-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2021 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's great to see you posting again, but please allow me to give you a tip on properly posting images here.

After each image link is created in your post, hit your Enter key twice before you add another image link. This will ensure two things... First, the images will present correctly. (It may not be as apparent on a phone, but on a monitor it's not good.) Second, it will eliminate the space created in some URL addresses, which then renders those links useless (as in many of your image links above).

I corrected your image links below. Click EDIT on my post to see how I did it. Then copy and paste them into your previous post. I'll delete your quoted post below when you've edited/corrected your original post.

[EDIT] Quoted post now deleted.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-03-2021).]

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2021 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see you stuck with it!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock