Started on: 02-02-2009 02:32 PM
Replies: 157 (25771 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 02-11-2023 09:21 AM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carrluvr:
Good info how about the 12 volt lead should that go straight to the battery or should it be switched? The FSM really does elude to either.
I actually found a website that has the tach connector and the 12v connectors and a bunch of other GM stuff. Here is the link. It's fairly inexpensive and less than it would cost me to drive and hunt for one.
http://www.repairconnector....subcatid/0/id/293731

No not always hot. The pink one from the C500 is your ignition on wire.
IP: Logged
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mickey_M or Fieroseverywhere, I am adding my C500. I see where the pink wire "J" & "K" are the injector feeds. I only have one of these as my car was a 2.5 Duke in its prior life. Can I feed both banks of four injectors off of this one feed, or do I need to locate/create a second injector feed for my red/white 4.9 injector harness? Is this asking to much for one wire to feed all eight injectors?
Thanks
Joe Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 09-07-2009).]

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Mickey_M or Fieroseverywhere, I am adding my C500. I see where the pink wire "J" & "K" are the injector feeds. I only have one of these as my car was a 2.5 Duke in its prior life. Can I feed both banks of four injectors off of this one feed, or do I need to locate/create a second injector feed for my red/white 4.9 injector harness? Is this asking to much for one wire to feed all eight injectors?
Thanks
Joe Crawford

I assume you mean C203. Under the console next to the shifter? While it might be possible to run both banks off on one wire if you up the fuse, I think its better to add the second wire. The C203 should have both wires running to it from the fuse panel. The 2.5 cars only have one wire coming out though. Just add the one pin and your golden. Double check that there are 2 fuses in place.

I think the ALDL has the same pins so you probably have extras somewhere. Not that a quick trip to the yard cant fix it either way.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

I assume you mean C203. Under the console next to the shifter? While it might be possible to run both banks off on one wire if you up the fuse, I think its better to add the second wire. The C203 should have both wires running to it from the fuse panel. The 2.5 cars only have one wire coming out though. Just add the one pin and your golden. Double check that there are 2 fuses in place.

I think the ALDL has the same pins so you probably have extras somewhere. Not that a quick trip to the yard cant fix it either way.

What here said - the C203 opens up like a clam shell so it is easy to remove/add wires with pins.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I mean the C203. I am seeing so many wires I get corrrn-fused. i see wires in my sleep!! Thanks for the speedy reply to both of you.

I will not be able to get any progress done this week as I am trying to play catch up with the mowing here. I will have Satuerday & Sunday off to get some more work done on the coupe.

We have three plugs connectors on the 4t60E. The round one is for the shift solinoids and lock up converter, the 4 wire flat one is for the ECM gear position information. The third one is a 5/6 wire connector for the start signal imput and backup lights. Position "C on that connector is labeled "Brake Switch". Is this a brake depressed signal, like for the brake light, or the brake released signal as for the lock up converter and cruise control.
In you debt
Joe Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 09-08-2009).]

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
added some more info to first post regarding the cruise control from Fieroseverywhere.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To keep everything together, first posted edited to add:

1) proceedure for deleting the oil cooler as originally posted by josef644: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/077299-4.html#p158

2) a picture of a semi completed wiring harness
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just added some info on an a/c delete pulley, and idler pulley (which seemed to be missing)...and a bump for the new comers.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 01-24-2010).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump so I can add this to my favorites here on PFF
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an excellent reference tool!
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for the new comers...
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
M_M

I had ordered some compressor 'O' rings this last weekend. I only had one 'O' ring on my compressor. They arrived today, and were sealing washers, not compressor port 'O' rings. I spent about two hours on the net looking for a number to try to look up to get the correct ones. I located OEM # 02724674, which is AC Delco #1530169. I called O'Rrilly's in Huntsville, TX They had 9 in stock. 83 cents each. I drove the 32 miles each way and bought me 4 of these. If I was asking for these by application, 91 Cad Deville, AC & heating, compressor seals, etc they were not listed. I found this OEM number at http://gmpartsgiant.com/

This was a difficult item to find. I had been to 4 different parts houses trying to find these, I took my one in my possession, most said they had nevere seen one like these, as they are sort of oval shaped.

The guys at O"Riley's didn't even know they had these until I gave them the AC Delco number. This number was hard to find and might be helpful to someone else trying to AC their 4.9 using the Caddie's compressor.

Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-04-2010).]

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info Joe and posting it in this thread - nice to try and keep all the info in one place.
galleycat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for galleycatSend a Private Message to galleycatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great post, useful and informative. thank you for taking the time to post your work and share your reference material.
You saved me hours of work

Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I redid my wiring diagrams. They were produced almost entirely using information from this thread so credit is due to Mickey_Moose and others that helped get this out there. These are specifically for a 92' 4.9 single O2 into an 87' Fiero Gt Manual. Hope they are of use to someone. This is the second iteration and I have worked out the bugs but as always use at your own risk.

http://depositfiles.com/files/zymub91vy

[This message has been edited by Dizzixx (edited 08-27-2010).]

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dizzixx:

I redid my wiring diagrams. They were produced almost entirely using information from this thread so credit is due to Mickey_Moose and others that helped get this out there. These are specifically for a 92' 4.9 single O2 into an 87' Fiero Gt Manual. Hope they are of use to someone. This is the second iteration and I have worked out the bugs but as always use at your own risk.

http://depositfiles.com/files/5o0hq96k2

Very nice work Dizz!! These is the first true conversion diagrams I have ever seen. Complete will all the pin #'s and wire colors. Very nice!!

On the shift light. There may be a way to make it work but would require a change to the auto trans shift tables. I was able to make it sort of work at one point. The issue was it was way off for when it came on. I used the VCC pins on the PCM to accomplish this (F5 & F6). One of those wires would turn on the light for 1st and 2nd, the other did 3rd and 4th. I finally had to disconnect it. Light kept coming on at idle and stayed on in 4th gear.
Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to go through it pin for pin today for myself. I caught two minor things. A)Two of the pins on the TPS were labeled wrong. B) ECM B1 is always hot with C16 through the fusible link.

I have edited my previous posts download link to reflect this.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
info from Dizzixx and Fieroseverywhere added to the first post to try and keep all the info in one spot.

Thanks guys...

marked with: ***ADDED INFO***

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 09-22-2010).]

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just added some info about the idler pulley near the water pump to the original post.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your awesome mickey id give you a +1 but i already did a while ago ;-)
BigGuyTinyCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigGuyTinyCarSend a Private Message to BigGuyTinyCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: I have a 93 Deville ECM controlling my 94 4.9L/4T60E (with the proper sensor and tranny wire corrections)

I just bought a scanner that does both OBD2 and OBD1 and when I connect it to my 88 4.9 Fiero, and turn the
key to the ON position, I get a "Vehicle not responding...". I checked the connections and I also checked the
scanner on a different car (although it was an OBD2 car) and everything is fine on that front.

So, now it's time to look into the Fiero wiring.

In the diagram below:
1) I'm assuming that we're looking at the ALDL connector as though it is mounted in the factory postion and
we are sitting on the dashboard. Is that correct?
2) I checked the A8, ground, and E12 connectors that they all have continuity at the ECM positions, but I
don't know where the "fuel pump" connector should be reading from. There is a "fuel pump feedback"
pin on E13 of the ECM, and there is "fuel pump relay" pin on F1. Are either of those the "checkpoint"
for checking what "fuel pump" signal the ALDL is getting?

thanks,
-Tim

Edit: I just noticed on the diagrams I have for a 91-93 Deville (and on the
schematics in the first post as well) it shows on the ALDL that
A position connects to GND
B position connects to E12
M & L positions connect to A8 which also goes to DERM (whatever that is)

[This message has been edited by BigGuyTinyCar (edited 04-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fuel pump circuit is for manualy priming the pump (connect +12v to that pin). Unless someone put it in there for your 4.9 swap it probably doesn't have one. Especially if they used the caddy ALDL connector and/or the caddy fuel pump relay.

E12 is used for setting the timing. A8 is for scanner data (I wired it to both pins M & L). A is... obvious.
BigGuyTinyCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigGuyTinyCarSend a Private Message to BigGuyTinyCarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroseverywhere:

The fuel pump circuit is for manualy priming the pump (connect +12v to that pin). Unless someone put it in there for your 4.9 swap it probably doesn't have one. Especially if they used the caddy ALDL connector and/or the caddy fuel pump relay.

E12 is used for setting the timing. A8 is for scanner data (I wired it to both pins M & L). A is... obvious.

Thanks. Mine appears to be wired correctly, but it won't communicate with my scanner for some reason.
It doesn't appear to be a scanner connection problem because it says, "Link Initialization established", but
then quickly comes back with "Vehicle not responding". What the heck is DERM?

[This message has been edited by BigGuyTinyCar (edited 04-09-2011).]

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BigGuyTinyCar:

What the heck is DERM?

DERM - Diagnostic energy reserve module. In particular this device is part of the SIR, or supplemental inflatable restraint system. One function of it is... In the event of a front end crash where voltage is lost the DERM will make sure the airbags can still function. This is done by way of a 36 volt reserve loop. The DERM can also detect malfunctions in the SIR system, record malfunctions, notify driver of malfunction (by way of a "inflatable restraint" light), or record system status during a frontal crash.

Obviously not necissary unless you installed airbags in your fiero.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 04-09-2011).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wrong thread lmao

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 06-15-2011).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and was inspired to do a 4.9L swap. Lots of great info posted here. Ho0wever these Caddy engines seem to be getting hard to find in solid shape. Sure you can get the 130K+ powertrains but try to get one at 80K or less and your are S.O.L. I've been looking for quite some time with out success. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a recent low miles wreck but that takes me back to the 3800's that appear to be available.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question concerning the pinouts and diagrams -

Per Schematic M66006-8D1-C-1 (on the first page of this thread), ECU grounds are D1, D5, D7 and A12 - BUT per the MetriPak pinout for connector C/D, ECU grounds are located at D1, D6, D7.

My C/D connector has D1, D6 and D7 as grounds. Should I leave the connector the same (D6) or re-pin it for D5 as the schematic indicates?

Stickpony reprogrammed the ECU.

Thanks for the input.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and was inspired to do a 4.9L swap. Lots of great info posted here. Ho0wever these Caddy engines seem to be getting hard to find in solid shape. Sure you can get the 130K+ powertrains but try to get one at 80K or less and your are S.O.L. I've been looking for quite some time with out success. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a recent low miles wreck but that takes me back to the 3800's that appear to be available.

I wouldn't worry about 130k - I have found through experience that these things are fairly bullet proof. That being said, if you are still on the fence I would probably lean more towards the 3800SC (power and revs are better) - but you need to decide on which side of the fence you want to be on.

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I have a question concerning the pinouts and diagrams -

Per Schematic M66006-8D1-C-1 (on the first page of this thread), ECU grounds are D1, D5, D7 and A12 - BUT per the MetriPak pinout for connector C/D, ECU grounds are located at D1, D6, D7.

My C/D connector has D1, D6 and D7 as grounds. Should I leave the connector the same (D6) or re-pin it for D5 as the schematic indicates?

Stickpony reprogrammed the ECU.

Thanks for the input.

Which ECM are you using and what did Stickpony program for?

The diagrams are for a 91 Deville setup - other models and years vary. So if you are using the 2240 ECM and have the EPROM programmed as the 91 Deville use the diagrams as posted - otherwise you will need to make the changes to match your setup.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 08-16-2011).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The EPROM is programmed for a 91 deville, the ECU was a remanned (by AC/Delco) unit with GM# and ACD# 88999176. The car was a 91 Deville as far as we can tell.

The C/D plug is pinned as the MetriPak pinout shows, I just questioned the discrepancy between the MetriPak pinout and the ECU wiring schematic relative to D5 (on the wiring diagram) and D6 (on the MetriPak pinout).

Your clarification will help out alot.
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The EPROM is programmed for a 91 deville, the ECU was a remanned (by AC/Delco) unit with GM# and ACD# 88999176. The car was a 91 Deville as far as we can tell.

The C/D plug is pinned as the MetriPak pinout shows, I just questioned the discrepancy between the MetriPak pinout and the ECU wiring schematic relative to D5 (on the wiring diagram) and D6 (on the MetriPak pinout).

Your clarification will help out alot.

The 92-93 diagrams correct for this discrepancy. D1, D6, D7, and A12. There were a few other corrections also. As far as I've ever been able the tell all of the corrections work for all 91-93 devilles/fleetwood/60 special no matter what they are wired for. The only real difference is in the injector harness itself, which is slightly differernt.
http://captfiero.com/caalon...20PCM%20diagrams.pdf
Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 08-16-2011).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info and the link, it helps out greatly.

This is such a good thread, I hope that this info helps someone else.

Joe
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, my bad - I don't think the read the post correctly (or understood it) - but I do now and see the issue. I have always wired it according the MetriPak pinout and never really paid any attention to the actual wiring diagrams much. I will make a note of this in the first post.

Thanks for pointing that out.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I probably would not have noticed it either, but on the schematic the D5 was fuzzy and I couldn't tell if it was a '5' or a '6', so I went to the pinout............

Good thread, quite the asset for the Fiero Community.

Thanks for the help.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another question, this time concerning the speedometer conversion circuit......

I have seen and used diagrams very similar to this when wiring up the VSS on the 4T65E-HD used on the 3800SC - the circuit is the same except for the diode on the switched 12v lead (C203F).

Is the diode needed in the circuit when doing the 4.9/4T60E swap?

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Edit to remove link.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 08-20-2011).]

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Link doesn't work.

To answer the question though I have never needed to use a diode in this circuit. Just the one .1 uf capasitor, the 22k resistor, and the 1k resistor. The diagram in the first post is correct as far as I know and should work for all engine swaps (unless you have non-fiero gauges).

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 08-20-2011).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.

Appreciate your prompt reply.

Joe
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another question as I finish the wiring (and my notes) for this 4.9/4T60E swap into an 88 Formula -

Neutral Safety Switch - 7 connector plug - Terminal 'C' - lt grn/blk wire

Per the 'Auto trans Gear Selector SW' graphic on the first page of this thread, this terminal is described as 'Brake SW' and indicates it is hot in Park.

Where does this wire terminate?

Thanks.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DUH!

I figured it out - it's the signal to diengage the parking brake on the caddy - it's not needed in the swap harness.

Mystery solved. Where are my wire cutters?

paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dizzixx:

http://depositfiles.com/files/zymub91vy

Bummer

"Such file does not exist or it has been removed for infringement of copyrights. "

------------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!"

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 04-14-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock