Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  The Official "GMC INDY HAULER" build thread (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Official "GMC INDY HAULER" build thread by Greg Z
Started on: 11-02-2005 07:39 PM
Replies: 256 (22172 views)
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 05-17-2023 03:51 PM
shop_rat45

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, when will I see an order for some decals?

------------------

IP: Logged
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I put the truck in the shop in August to have it mechanically brought back and he has just called me yesterday to say hes finally working on it!!!
Hopefully I will have it back this week. I may have lost alot in intrest so if anyone would like to purchase it, make an offer. (reasonable).

------------------
79 Corolla. ......K&N, polished alternator, high output powersteering pump,
lightweight floormats, NOS stickers, CSS stickers, matching seatcovers, 6in Tip,
racing tape on taillamp, and a personalized front plate Beyotches!!!!

DRWBRTq19

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRWBRTq19Send a Private Message to DRWBRTq19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please don't give up on this yet! Man I've been waiting on every post to see this project closer to all done.

Drew
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't give up on it! When you get it back, park it next to your Fiero for a while and keep getting glimpses of what will happen.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there man! I love this project
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What they said! I've been waiting to see this done!

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thnx for the support Guys, it was just enough to give me the boost I needed in the right direction. I got the truck back and got it cleaned up. New battery today and just ordered the tires a minute ago.
http://www.tirerack.com/tir...el=Firehawk+Indy+500
255-60-15's to go on these wheels

------------------
lightweight floormats, NOS stickers, CSS stickers, matching seatcovers, 6in Tip,

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Greg Z

1218 posts
Member since Jun 2004

Originally posted by shop_rat45:

So, when will I see an order for some decals?

LOL, Dunno, when you gonna come down here and apply them?
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, this is a cool project, glad to see it back up top.
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok everyone. I need help.
Our Indys have Loop carpet. He said in the 80's and so up that they started using whats called 800 series carpet.
WHICH SHOULD I PUT IN THE TRUCK??????????

LOOP

800 SERIES

------------------

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Greg Z

1218 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Now remember, I'n not asking about colors at the moment. I'm asking should I use loop carpet thoughout the truck (floor and doors???)
or not???? Loop is what comes on the Fieros, but the 800 which is smoother is what is used now.
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd use loop, unless it's ridiculously more expensive or something?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The loop carpeting looks more like what came from the factory so I would use it in your "replica".
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loop looks OEM, go with that.
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, Even tho I would actually like the smooth carpet in the truck I do agree if I'm gonna do this I need to go as close to the INDY as possible and that means use the loop style carpet so when you look inside the GMC it reminds you of the INDY.
Here are some pictures I took today of the "BEFORE" interior

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Greg Z

1218 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Just to remind you all. I'm putting the factory INDY seats in the front and custom molding the INDY red inserts into the rear bench. Here is what I'm working with

ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never got to show the wheels yet so here they are.

What do you think?

------------------

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

Now remember, I'n not asking about colors at the moment. I'm asking should I use loop carpet thoughout the truck (floor and doors???)
or not???? Loop is what comes on the Fieros, but the 800 which is smoother is what is used now.

I realize i'm a bit late .... but in the words of hurley from lost ..... "Loop dude"
Rich
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooh this is getting good
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent job and if you ever think about it please put this build up on my page [url]www.Fieropacecar.com[url] we would love it there and you may inspire others to try the same. It also shows how many Indy's are gone by the seat covers you have. I have had three sets myself. We have argued about how many are left and so far just about everyone I know has hunted down at least one set of seats. Most, two sets showing me that only about 1/3 rd of the Indy's are around and less running.
Keep up the excellent work. Rick B
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the "Indy 500" tires. Nice touch!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good!
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2008 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thnx everybody for the encouragements and comments.

I am open to suggestions also. Things that you would do if it was yours. That may give me some ideas early in the project that I may not think up on my own.

My goal is to trailer my INDY with the GMC Hauler to the 25th show in Mi.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Greg Z (edited 03-01-2008).]

DRWBRTq19

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRWBRTq19Send a Private Message to DRWBRTq19Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on this build?

Drew
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to see the finished product!

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2008 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flippin' SWEET!

------------------
~Michael

Project IMSA Formula Coming Soon!
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is an update, and like usual with this truck its not a good one.

On 2-27 I dropped it off at the upholstry shop. Wrote him a large check for a deposit and was told the truck would be completly ready in a month.
Never heard anything so I went back a month later to find the truck in the same condition I left it. He said he didn't know which shade of red I wanted
for the carpet! I think I mumbled something about the phone technology that we have available these days and took the samples to my Indy and matched up
which one I wanted and brought back to him. 2 and a half more months go by and I keep waiting for the phone call to come get my truck and nothing so I go there again. Truck has seats removed and thats it. I expressed my displeasure and he swears in 2 weeks from now it will be ready. We'll see.
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, 2 weeks is up and No, the truck nots ready, BUT, it is being worked on! Heres what he has done so far

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it back

drumroll plz...
BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
PFF
System Bot
reddog1971

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reddog1971Send a Private Message to reddog1971Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one good looking truck.
DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG!! That is F*Ing SWEET!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!
whereatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whereattSend a Private Message to whereattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is looking good. I'm glad to see it's coming together for you.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hot truck!

When do the finishing decals come into play?
SoCalFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoCalFieroSend a Private Message to SoCalFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I'm very impressed the way the interior turned out. Good job!
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That's extraordinary! can't wait to see it all finished!
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Hot truck!

When do the finishing decals come into play?

Thnx all for the comments.

Well,....the decals should be next but I've been screwed numerous times on the paint job and swore I would not repaint, but it is just too crappy
of a paintjob on it to leave it. So I am gonna take it to a New Car Dealership and have it painted Insurance quality. I will have the quarterwindows pulled
and do whatever it takes to make it as close to perfect as possible. Then and only then will I start the decal nightmare....LOL, sorry, meant task.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it was worth the wait and all the heart ache. It looks GREAT!
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Job
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock