Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  RWDPLZ or other experienced A/C guys: these A/C compressors for sale?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
RWDPLZ or other experienced A/C guys: these A/C compressors for sale? by David Hambleton
Started on: 08-07-2014 09:39 PM
Replies: 6 (196 views)
Last post by: masospaghetti on 08-11-2014 03:10 PM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonClick Here to Email David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's your opinion of these?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-othe...hNavigationFlag=true

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 08-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
army_greywolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for army_greywolfClick Here to Email army_greywolfSend a Private Message to army_greywolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure on the PN but I use that type of harrison compressor in my car. It works, no idea if it's better or worse than factory since I had no factory a/c to base it on. Hope that helps.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't tell what they are without the part numbers. Spray painted black almost always means a rebuilt compressor, which really should be avoided. The other appears to be a NOS unit, but I can't tell if it's clocked properly for the Fiero, or how long it's been sitting. Neither would come with any kind of warranty, either.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 321
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the units are sealed, they should be in working order. IIRC the GM Harrison compressors did come in a black color and also in a silver color. Delphi only came in silver. The close up of the pulley side shows that this compressor was already mounted (look at the mounting tab) and I am also not sure if its a unit that fits the Fiero. For $225, I would avoid buying this unit.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopyClick Here to Email cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the one that is not painted black is the HR6E which is the better of the two versions DA-6 or HR6. Without knowing their history though, I would buy new.

Charlie

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 08-09-2014).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonClick Here to Email David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the input - I prefer to get a compressor from a retailer in case of problems but I thought I'd ask.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiClick Here to Email masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO, go for a rebuilt compressor from Advance. When I got one a few years back, they were Factory Aire units being rebuilt in Texas.

http://shop.advanceautopart...earchTerm=compressor

$182.99, with coupon WD32 = $132.99 plus tax, and free shipping. Hard to beat.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock