interior color change? by evil_motors
Started on: 08-07-2014 06:11 PM
Replies: 8 (185 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 08-08-2014 12:48 AM
evil_motors

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evil_motorsSend a Private Message to evil_motorsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone changed the color of their interior? I want to go black and right now i have multiple shades of grey. whats the best stuff to use to paint the parts. i will probably just buy new black carpet and i was going to redo the seats. i heard krylon was good. any other suggestions?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alister Fiend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alister FiendSend a Private Message to Alister FiendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any pic but for my plastic pieces , I had them Hydro Dipped & clear coated... I have tried the painting route & just didn't like it compared to dipping them. You can get basic colors to a carbon fiber look or anything in between. It's not to terribly expensive & looks way better than paint !!!

[This message has been edited by Alister Fiend (edited 08-07-2014).]

evil_motors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evil_motorsSend a Private Message to evil_motorsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah but i cant do it myself. i really hate paying people to do things.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SEM makes a good vinyl paint. Use SEMI-flat - not flat or gloss. On the soft vinyl parts ( dash, door panels, console, etc.) just clean them well & spray. On the hard plastic parts, you need to use a special plastic primer:
http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=469.0
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

SEM makes a good vinyl paint. Use SEMI-flat - not flat or gloss. On the soft vinyl parts ( dash, door panels, console, etc.) just clean them well & spray. On the hard plastic parts, you need to use a special plastic primer:
http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=469.0
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

What Tha Driver said. I had the same scenario with my interior ... three different shades of gray (not 50). I cleaned the parts with Bleach White and scrub brush to remove all dirt/oils and then thoroughly dried. You can also purchase a prep cleaner made for these paints. Before spraying use the primer that is made for SEM interior paints. I bought my paint at an English Color store. You probably won't find it in most generic parts stores. It's more expensive ($15/can) but well worth it. I did quite a few parts and used only three cans. My parts came out looking like new and nothing has peeled. Just use the instruction on the can and you can't go wrong. FYI, SEM offers a large spectrum of colors so take something along that you want to match.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definately use the SEM and nothing else. Pay the extra money and have the results turn out perfectly. SEM is a professional choice. Here is where I get mine:
http://www.tcpglobal.com/Ae...aint/Classic-Coat_5/
evil_motors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evil_motorsSend a Private Message to evil_motorsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks guys.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had good luck with Duplicolor fabric and vinyl paint. It's been in my car for a couple of years, and hasn't come off anything except the driver's side arm rest, where my bony elbow presses into it. It hasn't come off the center console, but my other elbow doesn't flex that much.

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VHT, vinyl dye, once applied, even laquer thinner has a very hard time removing it ! whatever you use, it must be Perfectly CLEAN before application.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock