Center gauges stop working by ringostarr
Started on: 08-06-2014 04:32 PM
Replies: 4 (116 views)
Last post by: tshark on 08-12-2014 10:39 PM
ringostarr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ringostarrSend a Private Message to ringostarrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Folks,

I wondered if anyone else has ever had a problem whereby the alternator gauge and oil pressure gauge (on the top of the center cluster) both drop to zero at the same time intermittently. It's got me rather concerned that the alternator and the oil pump aren't working. It seems very odd that the two would both stop working at exactly the same time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. For background info, the car is an 1986 GT. It has the 2.8 V6, automatic transmission. The problem only seems to have started since I installed a new oil pressure switch. I installed it because the oil pressure gauge was always pegged to the right.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

ringostarr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ringostarrSend a Private Message to ringostarrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a sending unit. I got it from NAPA.
ringostarr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ringostarrSend a Private Message to ringostarrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got it all sorted out. I removed the aftermarket radio and some other wiring that had been added, installed a factory radio and all is well.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-08-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock