Screws for hood release handle by newfiejeff
Started on: 08-06-2014 08:50 AM
Replies: 7 (151 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-08-2014 10:11 AM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1986 2M4
Hi all, what kind of screws is used for the front hood opener? When I got the car the opener was gone and the screws, so I just got a hood opener.

Jeff
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What screws are we talking about ? The ones that hold the handle assembly to the bottom of the dash ?
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, sorry there Roger. I think there is 4 but not sure. I would assume they are similar to the dash ones?
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try one of the dash screws to see if it fits. Hardware section of like Home Depot should have a hex or socket head screw that matches. You could see if you can find a Fiero in a junkyard and get them.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed one the screws that retain my hood release handle. They are Phillips head ... not torx like all the other dash screws. Are mine original? Don't know. Could be that Pontiac used torx for all visible screw heads and just used these four Phillips as they can't easily be seen. They are also shorter than the dash torx screws. The threaded length of the screw is 1/2" and the overall length including the head is 5/8". Sorry ... I don't do metric. The thread pitch and size seem to be the same as the longer torx screws. Not sure if it would create problems to run in a longer screw. The diameter of the Phillips head is also slightly larger than that of the torx.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can see them in this pic from ebay:

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock