Is it worth it? by concorde01
Started on: 08-05-2014 11:03 PM
Replies: 11 (366 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-08-2014 11:10 AM
concorde01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a lead on a complete pace car. Don't know the number and it dosent run. But he only won't 600 complete. Are try worth it. I also now have a 85 2m4 so if worth it I may fix the 85 and sell it for the indy

[This message has been edited by concorde01 (edited 08-05-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
evil_motors

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for evil_motorsSend a Private Message to evil_motorsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i say if it isnt missing everything and you think you can restore it, go for it. the more fieros we save the better.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by evil_motors:

the more fieros we save the better.

After watching 50 get crushed I agree
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go for it! There are plenty of nice helpful people on this forum to help you restore it.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indys are more work to restore than other Fieros....mostly because of the unique trim parts that are hard to find. I like restored Fieros too, but realize you are not making an investment. It's a labor of love.
hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

After watching 50 get crushed I agree

50? ............and you stood there and watched! I hope none of them were 1988's with cradles.
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was interested more for a custom build. if anyone wants to help with info fo my current car please do at my build tread. i amvery interested in geting it though
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hcforde:

50? ............and you stood there and watched! I hope none of them were 1988's with cradles.

yes some were 88s, none had cradles, and they all were rust free, prob closer to 70 really, I didn't watch the crushing, I couldn't stop it, I did save all the parts I could. I tried to sell the frames on here but only one person got one. Now that one will be a lambo, yea. I could only do what I could to save parts but I had no say in the matter.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by concorde01:

i was interested more for a custom build. if anyone wants to help with info fo my current car please do at my build tread. I am very interested in geting it though

Still worth saving no matter what you use it for. All we really have to go on for information is the price and that it doesnt run tho. Depends on what you want to do with it too, 84s are a little different than 85 and up. Other than the fact that an Indy is more rare, there really is no advantage either has over the other except cosmetic in my opinion.

Just a thought: In your other thread I think it may have scared people from posting when you mentioned the stipulations in the last paragraph. I know you dont mean it to be too limiting but it may make people shy away. Small comments and things will help keep the thread in page 1 and help inspire more interest and information. Also because I know there are people who will want to tell you not to use those roof scoops because the way they hook up they work against the natural flow of air that cools the engine bay. There have been a few threads about it. If you still want to use them, you may just want to change your last paragraph just to say that you have read about the roof scoops and like the look and will run them for that reason.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-08-2014).]

concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok ill do that ty. i intend to use one scoop to feed air to the motor and the other to force air threw the engine bay. my car has the solid pieces on the sides
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

concorde01

134 posts
Member since Jul 2014
is it better now? any ideas help
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by concorde01:

is it better now? any ideas help

No worries. It does look better.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock