Power door locks, can a Remote be had ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 08-05-2014 06:41 PM
Replies: 13 (1110 views)
Last post by: Fierotoyboy on 08-17-2014 11:48 AM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for a 87 GT with power everything, Can a keychain "REMOTE button" be had ? or does a whole system need to be installed ?( I put the whole "KIT" into my car that Had No power locks), was just wondering if a remote could be had just knowing the serial #? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. Factory power lock system doesn't have a receiver for remote signal.

You'll have to add an aftermarket unit to run power to the factory lock/unlock relays (and trunk).
http://www.remotestartexper...ucks-vans-suv-s.html

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Bulldog802

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bulldog802Send a Private Message to Bulldog802Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a factory type from mmeyer86gt/gtp on here. Stock style remote lock/unlock and trunk popper. It was a long time ago and my car is not back together yet but others have installed them with good results. Sounds like what your looking for. I'd search him out. If he's not selling them anymore he might give you the info on what donor cars they can be had from. Hope this helps.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As mentioned either get an aftermarket set up or get a GM BCM with the transmitter and reciever ( 97-01 ish) out of the junkyard and wire that up, once you add the couple power wires and grounds it's just 4 wires for the door locks and eliminate the factory door lock relay and let the BCM do the work. The Fiero door lock solenoids work a lot stronger off the BCM than they did with my probably original door lock relay. Plus with a BCM you can add in remote trunk release which is really sweet.

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed an aftermarket remote start with keyless entry and trunk popper.

Works awesome!!

Steve.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TopNotch also installed a keyless remote with a number of features. You might find a post by him and email him about it. I've driven the car that has it and it really works great.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so I do have to install the Kit, only using the existing lock solenoids. just "thought" the pulse might have been coded like a key, didn't realize that fieros didn't come with a "remote" option. thanks
snyderman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snydermanSend a Private Message to snydermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remote starters weren't invented yet.
Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talking about remote DOOR locks, not starter
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

I installed an aftermarket remote start with keyless entry and trunk popper.

Works awesome!!

Steve.

Same thing here. I think there is a writeup at www.michiganfieroclub.com under tech tips.

Basically, I bought the type of unit that doesn't require additional relays. Easy, and worked perfectly.
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also got one from mmeyer86gt/gtp and it is the most useful mod that I have done. I use it every time I drive. It makes it so that I don't need to use a key for the trunk anymore as well. Very simple to install and well worth the money
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working on another order of 10 toget together
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have remote power door locks on my 87GT. The previous owner had installed an expensive Excalibur Alarm System back when the car was new. The key fob remote is used to set and deactivate the alarm. When you press the button on the remote key fob to deactivate the alarm it opens the door and puts the parking lights on. When you have parked, another push of a button on the remote, locks the door and sets the alarm.
Point is that many alarm security systems have this feature built in. While they are not stand alone remote power door controllers they do give security protection as well. Many of us spend thousands of dollars upgrading our Fieros, so the alarm with remote door activation and even remote start is a nice feature to have.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierotoyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2014 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotoyboySend a Private Message to FierotoyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a simple Code-Alarm unit installed on my Fiero ten years ago. It unlocks the doors, and the decklid if you want it to. Very simple.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock